Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Avatar Gallery (was Avatar Matrix) beta released

• Raj
  • Raj
17 years 6 months ago #34497 by Raj
Hi Nuno,

Did changing the doctype to strict resolve the previous issue?

I really don't know how to exclude the current user...seems like it should be possible though given the current feature set. Unfortunately, I'm moving and I'm literally sitting in a room full of boxes, and can't give this the thought it needs. Remind me in a few weeks and I'll try to get to it.

Raj

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nzimas
  • nzimas
17 years 6 months ago #34498 by nzimas
No changes.
The malfunction persists.
About recreating the error, you actually have to be logged in and click on avatars other than yours.

Nuno.

Professional Website: www.bittingbits.com

• Raj
  • Raj
17 years 6 months ago #34499 by Raj
The javascript used is Mootools Release 1.0, which is under active development. Some people have found that there are "javascript collisions" between Mootools and Jquery. They can't co-exist on the same page. This could be true with MooTools and other libraries, too.

Offhand, I really don't know which libraries Mootools plays well with, and with it doesn't.

Raj

17 years 6 months ago #36010 by Typologist
Replied by Typologist on topic Re:Beta of Avatar Matrix .4 : pagination hack
Hi!!

Great work you have here! I just have one issue, it is that I wanted more avatars that the 145 by default. So I uploaded about 800, in two versions (normal avatar and thumbnail) in the folder images/comprofiler, and I double checked that I renamed them correctly, as it says:

"1_avatar_matrix.jpg, 2_avatar_matrix.jpg, and so on. The thumbnails are also held in YourSite.com/images/comprofiler/ . They must be named tn1_avatar_matrix.jpg, tn2_avatar_matrix.jpg, and so on"

In the module I selected "auto assign avatars" and in the number of available avatars I entered "800".

The problem is that only the 145 default avatars are shown in profiles, but not the rest.

Thanks for your help!
Mike

• Raj
  • Raj
17 years 6 months ago #36013 by Raj
Some questions:

Can you post a link showing the problem?

Does an empty image display where the thumbnails should be, but with an X indicating that the thumbnail image can't be found?

Do the avatars assigned by the program display okay in the user profiles?

Raj

Post edited by: Raj, at: 2007/04/20 07:13

17 years 6 months ago #36042 by Typologist
Replied by Typologist on topic Re:Beta of Avatar Matrix .4 : pagination hack
No, the users with no avatar show the default CB "No image" in both, the thumbnail and in the profile image.

I sent you a pm.

Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon