Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Avatar Gallery (was Avatar Matrix) beta released

17 years 5 months ago #37459 by tf5_bassist
Replied by tf5_bassist on topic Re:Avatar Matrix .5 available for download & testi
So I read through all 20-something pages here... and I'm not able to get the images to show up horizontally for the life of me... I created an entirely new module position for the matrix to reside in just below the toolbar, it spans the full distance, however, it just won't stop stacking avatars. I'm just at the end of my rope on this one. Where should I be looking? Should I be finding a way to lock the height on the new module position?

Or should I just finally eat a meal today and hope I can figure it out on my own eventually?

:D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Raj
  • Raj
17 years 5 months ago #37460 by Raj
How about posting a link to where the module is posted so I can take a look?

Roger

17 years 5 months ago #37461 by tf5_bassist
Replied by tf5_bassist on topic Re:Avatar Matrix .5 available for download & testi
lol sorry... www.sacramentoartmagazine.com

only 2 members with avatars, the site's not even beta yet

• Raj
  • Raj
17 years 5 months ago #37462 by Raj
I'd start here:

1. What's the width of div.usermodule?
2. What's the width of div.moduletable-AM?
3. What's the width of div.AvatarMatrix-AM?
4. Is div.tile set to float:left?
5. Is div.tile set to display:inline?

• Raj
  • Raj
17 years 5 months ago #37463 by Raj
Check to see if the module suffix is set wrong. It may be set to AM, whereas the CSS may be for TileCSS

17 years 5 months ago #37689 by tf5_bassist
OOoh... Okay, yeah, i changed the suffix over to -TileCSS, and I'm actually seeing a change. I checked everything else, the float was correct, there was no display statement in the tilecss code I was using, but I added one anyways.

To be completely honest, CSS effs me up more than almost anything, and rarely does it make 100% sense to me. So, the way that complex classes are defined aren't always apparent.

Same goes with the SQL, but I think i'm making a bit of headway with that. I've defined a query to call a custom CB radio-button field that I created, so that in the results it will display what type of userprofile it is, whether photographer, artist, fan, gallery owner, whatever. But, I'm still having trouble with the Name part, I either get an error, or nothing, so I'm still going to beat away at that one.

Had two days off for my birthday yesterday, so I feel like I'm starting at square one again haha... Thanks for the help! :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon