Skip to Content Skip to Menu

User profile ratings/Karma RELEASED!!!

• mediaguru
  • mediaguru
16 years 1 month ago #74346 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:User profile ratings/Karma RELEASED!!!
I think this thread is becoming confusing. There should be a new thread started for karma 2.0 and this thread should be for my original 1.0 version...

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
16 years 4 weeks ago #75176 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:User profile ratings/Karma RELEASED!!!
Karma2 screwed up mootools on my site and disabled all my lightboxes. Don't ask how, but it did. I've restored from backup that I always make before new additions. Really annoying though. I'll just get the original and modify it to my needs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mediaguru
  • mediaguru
16 years 4 weeks ago #75297 by mediaguru
krileon wrote:

Karma2 screwed up mootools on my site and disabled all my lightboxes. Don't ask how, but it did. I've restored from backup that I always make before new additions. Really annoying though. I'll just get the original and modify it to my needs.

Like I said, this thread should be for my Karma 1.0 and the modified one should have its own thread!

* Golf Score Tracker
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

• ChaosXtaC
  • ChaosXtaC
16 years 2 weeks ago #76287 by ChaosXtaC
Replied by ChaosXtaC on topic Re:User profile ratings/Karma RELEASED!!!
mediaguru wrote:

Karma Component, Modules and Plugin Released!

Marc Galang (my programmer) and I are ready to release the Karma Suite. There are 3 basic parts to the Joomla/CB Karma suite:

1. There's a component with back end controls for editing user's monthly and total karma, along with the day lock.
2. There are two modules for displaying karmas on your site.
3. There's a Community Builder plugin for voting and displaying the karma in the user's CB profile.

The Karma component configuration allows you to set the day lock. This is how many days between user votes. There is IP tracking to prevent people from voting for themselves under different usernames.

The Karma component management allows you to select individual users and modify their monthly or total(what I call yearly) karma. Management also allows for the resetting of all monthly or total karmas of individual or all users.

Component download:
www.thegolfspace.com/downloads/com_karma.zip

There are two modules. The monthly and yearly modules allow you to show as many positive and negative karmas as you want. You can display positive, negative or both karmas. You can also input text and html in the module footer text for display below the karmas ratings. Karmas can be shown by username or name.

Modules download:
www.thegolfspace.com/downloads/mod_karma_monthly.zip
www.thegolfspace.com/downloads/mod_karma_yearly.zip

The Karma Community Builder plugin places a tab in the user's CB profile. Inside the tab you can give the user positive or negative karma using the thumbs up or thumbs down icons. The user's monthly and total karma is also shown in the same tab.

CB Karma Plugin Donwload:
www.thegolfspace.com/downloads/plug_cbkarma.zip

I only take credit for the ideas and part of the code in the modules, and for paying my programmer Marc Galang for his work. Marc did all the code. I recommend hiring Marc for your custom joomla development. He's quick and reasonably priced. He can be found at www.galangph.com/ .

I've decided to release this system as a thank you to the Community Builder community. I'm accepting paypal donations to help me recoup some of my expenses.

If you want to see this thing in action, go to my golf networking site: www.thegolfspace.com

Post edited by: mediaguru, at: 2006/12/12 04:50

Any chance you could update your download links? These are spitting 403 errors at us o.O

Post edited by: ChaosXtaC, at: 2008/10/04 13:10

• travisdh
  • travisdh
16 years 2 weeks ago #76289 by travisdh
Replied by travisdh on topic Re:User profile ratings/Karma RELEASED!!!
Hello All.

Thanks to Media guru for the origional component which has been modified into Karma2 component.

As the number of people who want to use the component has grown, and the number of posts has also grown, and as per media guru's request i have started another thread 'Karma2' which should be used for all future posts for the Karma2 component and plugin.

The Link is available below for the new thread. Please post any questions / comments relating to the Karma2 component in this thread, and the current thread you are reading now can remain as Karma1

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,13/id,76288/#76288

I have listed in the new thread that i can't really provide much time for the old plugin, but that said anyone is free to download it / play with it / modify it in any way they see fit, and if they feel so maybe should repost it up on these forums for others to use in True Open Source Spirit.

Cheers & Good luck with the Karma-ing.

Thanks,

Trav Hale

• mediaguru
  • mediaguru
16 years 2 weeks ago #76518 by mediaguru
I've packaged up the original karma 1.0.1 plugin, component and two modules and submitted it to the Joomlapolis Directory. The download for Karma 1.0.1 can be found here .

I'll look into submitting it to the Joomla Extensions site as well.

Post edited by: mediaguru, at: 2008/10/07 20:37

* Golf Score Tracker

Moderators: beatnantkrileon