Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Testers needed for plugin PrivacyPolicy

• mikko
  • mikko
17 years 7 months ago #33168 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Testers needed for plugin PrivacyPolicy
The first query is a bug, but second is not.

mikko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 7 months ago #33212 by laurie_lewis
Replied by laurie_lewis on topic Re:Testers needed for plugin PrivacyPolicy
Mikko,

First thanks for the plugin - Great. I ended up downloading it from forge.joomla.org today.

Problems I am having.

It does not appear to be working no matter what the user selects. I have had a look in the jos_comprofiler table and it does not appear that any changes are being saved. I also tried changing the default choice and saved again. Did not update table.

I also added a the option of "No One" with Select 0; I hope that is correct for no one to see the tab but the person who owns the profile.

If I go into the table and alter it manually then it works. TABs are hidden as they should be.

Other things I saw was that the settings you make in the plugin module are not retained for the policies you select next time you return. What tabs you select are.

Hope that helps

Laurie

Laurie
My Community Site: thelewisfamily.id.au

• mikko
  • mikko
17 years 7 months ago #33249 by mikko
First, please tell what MySQL versio you have.

laurie_lewis wrote:

It does not appear to be working no matter what the user selects. I have had a look in the jos_comprofiler table and it does not appear that any changes are being saved. I also tried changing the default choice and saved again. Did not update table.

If you have 4.X version of mysql, this is an existing bug. Will be fixed soon.

I also added a the option of "No One" with Select 0; I hope that is correct for no one to see the tab but the person who owns the profile.

Select 0 will never show the tab to anyone, not even the user. Select 1 from #__comprofiler where {$my}={$user} limit 1 shows tab only to self.

If I go into the table and alter it manually then it works. TABs are hidden as they should be.

Other things I saw was that the settings you make in the plugin module are not retained for the policies you select next time you return. What tabs you select are.

I need will take a look at these.

Hope that helps

Thanks for testing.

mikko

17 years 7 months ago #33250 by laurie_lewis
Replied by laurie_lewis on topic Re:Testers needed for plugin PrivacyPolicy
PHP version 5.1.6
MySQL version 4.1.21-standard

As requested Mikko. Yes version 4. I will wait for a fix. As I only have about 10 users at this time I can do some alterations by hand and test it some more.

Laurie

Laurie
My Community Site: thelewisfamily.id.au

• Flipsider
  • Flipsider
17 years 7 months ago #33261 by Flipsider
Replied by Flipsider on topic Re:Testers needed for plugin PrivacyPolicy
how about a mini hack into this awesome plugin to allow the admin to change (actually not even needed) radio buttons to single listings.

Also, I currently have Allow Profile View or whatever its called installed which allows the user to change wether he/she wants to allow visitors to have access to his profile or not.

Wouldnt it be cool to have this main "Main Profile Access" installed in this?

De-Karma me... if you dare...
CB Xbox Gamercard Plugin (Gone] - CB Xbox Gamercard Module (Gone)

• mikko
  • mikko
17 years 7 months ago #33266 by mikko
Flipsider wrote:

how about a mini hack into this awesome plugin to allow the admin to change (actually not even needed) radio buttons to single listings.

Also, I currently have Allow Profile View or whatever its called installed which allows the user to change wether he/she wants to allow visitors to have access to his profile or not.

Wouldnt it be cool to have this main "Main Profile Access" installed in this?

These both are features which will be included in the upcoming Advanced Profile Control thing. See announcements forum www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,33253/catid,23/

mikko

Post edited by: mikko, at: 2007/03/12 14:46

Moderators: beatnantkrileon