Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Testers needed for plugin PrivacyPolicy

• mikko
  • mikko
17 years 3 months ago #40452 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Little help for a non-sql person? :)
Please log these as feature requests to my bug tracker.

mikko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kryptik
  • Kryptik
17 years 3 months ago #40907 by Kryptik
Replied by Kryptik on topic Hide Edit Tabs?
This plug in is great, however what I'm looking to do is hide the edit tabs of plug ins. So that we could have 2 sets of options for each plug in.

IE: Enable/Disable (Disabled hides back+front end tabs)
Enabled allows user to choose regular privacy settings. (IE: Show All, Private, Connections Only, etc)

This way you could Publish All Plugins, default them all to Disabled (Fully Hidden), and allow the user to choose which ones to "Enable". When enabled the back end tab is shown for them to edit the tab as per normal. If they disable, it defaults to hidden (front and back). Since it's only hidden, the values stick, so the tab does not need to be edited again when re-enabled!). This will give a facebook application like feature... User signs up, chooses options wants on profile, edits options... Able to remove at anytime.

How hard would this be to implement? Can this be done with some form editing in the Privacy Policy Tab to have the Default Radio Buttons dependent on a new Enabled/Disabled field. User chooses "Enable" then selects corresponding privacy settings all on one page.

I believe in todays social networking environment this would be an ideal solution.

• mikko
  • mikko
17 years 2 months ago #41610 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Hide Edit Tabs?
It might be possible suppress the HTML for the edit tabs, but this would really cause problems with input validation.

A much better solution for this is implemented in Advanced Profile Control.

mikko

Moderators: beatnantkrileon