Skip to Content Skip to Menu

GMaps and CB Rough integration up online now

• cs1559
  • cs1559
17 years 6 months ago #34388 by cs1559
I have the same problem where it doesn't properly plot the icon for my address. It places my marker at the other end of the street for me. what Ive also seen with Google maps is that the data available via their api is different from what you see in maps.google.com. I am assuming that this may be the same issue with their geocoding. I'll have to look at this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• houbahop
  • houbahop
17 years 6 months ago #34399 by houbahop
Hello,

Perfectly worked for me. (european city)
I only have entered the city name, country and zip code.

As I own a license for an other component that print compute markers without entering any information (by ip), I must tell you not to worry if sometimes your city is not exactly pointed in the right place. It happens sometimes even if all data were well entered.

17 years 6 months ago #35642 by caffeinejunkie
Replied by caffeinejunkie on topic Re:GMaps and CB Rough integration up online now
This looks great, thanks Chris!

It would be great if in the backend one could define a CB field to select a subset of CB members. E.g. if the field is "Class Of" and the values 1960, 1961 etc. The markers for people within a year would be the same, but they would differ across years. That way people can spot members of the class and one could show a map with a subset of CB members.

• cs1559
  • cs1559
17 years 5 months ago #37495 by cs1559
Well, I am now starting to code my first Gmaps/CB plugin. I am not sure exactly when development will be done, but I hopefully it won't take me too long. This plugin will do two things ..

1. Plot the users location (geocode) based on specific fields you define on a map
2. Plot the users location (geocode) and then all the members within a given distance of the user.

I am still very new to CB and am learning as I go. So, hopefully these can be valuable.

Chris
info@firestorm-technologies.com

• Raj
  • Raj
17 years 5 months ago #37496 by Raj
Yeeeha!!!! And there was GREAT rejoicing! :)

Roger

• p9939068
  • p9939068
17 years 5 months ago #37833 by p9939068
Wow this is really great! One question: is it possible with Google's API to calculate the distance between 2 points selected by the user? Also, is it possible to list all members within a certain distance from a point specified by the user, instead of the user's own location?

I have to really take a good look at this GMaps :P

Mike Feng
Creator of SIMGallery, SIMAnswers, and ParaInvite
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch

Moderators: beatnantkrileon