Skip to Content Skip to Menu

GMaps and CB Rough integration up online now

• cs1559
  • cs1559
17 years 5 months ago #38081 by cs1559
Simply put .... yes! I have an example where I have placed two draggable (if thats a word) points on a map and it calculates the distance. its pretty easy.

Right now, I've been contracted to write a special mapping tool that renders a marker and services/businesses within a specific radius of that marker. Each of the addresses are geocoded. much of this code will be reused in my Gmaps/CB plugin to view members within 'n' miles/ft/km/etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cs1559
  • cs1559
17 years 4 months ago #38893 by cs1559
For those interested in this thread, I have a tab implementation already working on my site; however, I am having issues when the tab is not the first tab. For some reason, the google map isn't displaying properly. I'm still researching this issue.

• cs1559
  • cs1559
17 years 4 months ago #38938 by cs1559
I am looking for input from the CB community. For a plugin that will map the users location and all users within 'n' of miles of the user, would be be best to have it displayed in a TAB or via straight HTML within the profile? Please email me your thoughts at cs1559@firestorm-technologies.com.

I'd probably prefer the tabbed approach by I'm having issues.

Chris

• pointri
  • pointri
17 years 4 months ago #38950 by pointri
Hi CS,

I encountered the same issue about putting maps in CB tabs. After a day or two of fiddling with CSS definitions, I concluded that it would require some really thorny core hacks to make the JavaScript execution order work in a way that would place the map on top. Instead, I just ended up throwing the map into a lightbox like this.

www.constructionlounge.com/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,userProfile/user,62/

Anyway, the best solution would be an easier tabs API. With Joomla 1.5 moving towards Mootools and the fact that Mootools has a tab object (not to mention draggable divs for templates, accordions, etc.), I can see it being refactored in future versions of CB.

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

• cs1559
  • cs1559
17 years 4 months ago #39051 by cs1559
Well, I've made some progress and wanted to share. Attached is an image from my local installation of CB. Still more to do.

Post edited by: cs1559, at: 2007/06/06 22:52
Attachments:

• cs1559
  • cs1559
17 years 4 months ago #39404 by cs1559
The first build is now available for viewing at firestorm-technologies.com/gmapsdemo/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=80&Itemid=32 .

This produces two maps ... one of the user locations and a second one that includes the users location and all users within a 1500 mile radius.

Currently, this is only working for US addresses. Looking into the issues around the european addresses. Any questions/feedback, please contact me at cs1559@firestorm-technologies.com.

Chris

Moderators: beatnantkrileon