Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Slideshowpro like CB Plugin??

• royce
  • royce
17 years 4 weeks ago #46393 by royce
Slideshowpro like CB Plugin?? was created by royce
Hi all, I'm in the middle of a daunting effort to find a CB plug in that will display a users uploaded pictures in a slideshowpro.net/ like tab/div.

I've looked at lots of gallery's, bridges, plug-ins, etc, but I can't find any that look anything like slideshowpro. Of course, it doesn't have to be SSP, just look like it and allow users to upload their own pics.

I'm also evaluting the SSP extension extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,2135/Itemid,35/ that is available and a possiblity is for me to attempt to package it up as a CB Plug in, and then modify it to allow users to submit their own photos :ohmy:

Any advice or comments on this is appreciated. I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this, but it seems to get the most queries.

I also posted this on the J! forum in hopes of getting more response.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
17 years 4 weeks ago #46395 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Slideshowpro like CB Plugin??
SSP looks really cool.

CB Gallery allows you to upload and even has lightbox type playback - but its nothing like FFP.

• royce
  • royce
17 years 4 weeks ago #46416 by royce
Replied by royce on topic Re:Slideshowpro like CB Plugin??
Hi Nant,

Funny you should be the one that responded...right after I started this thread, I went out for a walk. On or about my 3rd trip around the block, you came to mind!

My thought was that a more reasonable approach for a relative newbie like myself would be to start with a basic J! image rotator module and add the relevant parts of your CB Gallery for its upload/delete/moderation capabilities.

Of course, it would probably take me a month and it still wouldn't be as good as if I could get the original gallery developer to build it ;)

Any interest???

• royce
  • royce
17 years 3 weeks ago #46719 by royce
Well I couln't resist. I've started to integrate SSP and Profile Gallery into a CB profile. Its coming along well with less glitches than I expected!

The SSP XML file is updated automatically when a user adds or deletes a picture through the gallery.

I'm not ready to post a link, but here is a tease of the CB profile so far.

Sorry..upload glitch, I'll attach pic to next post

Post edited by: royce, at: 2007/09/26 23:57
Attachments:

• royce
  • royce
17 years 3 weeks ago #46720 by royce
I was finally able to upload the picture. See the other post.

Post edited by: royce, at: 2007/09/27 00:01

Post edited by: royce, at: 2007/10/08 16:35
Attachments:

• mpaver
  • mpaver
17 years 2 weeks ago #47440 by mpaver
Replied by mpaver on topic Re:Slideshowpro like CB Plugin??
Hi,

I've been trying to get something like this for ages. I'm trying to get a gallery system that also integrates user uploaded images into the profile for them to manage. Only problem I've found is that there isn't really a normal way for users to upload and manage images with Slideshow pro i.e. go to upload page > select image > name it > click upload. You have to use the director and export swf files with Slideshow pro, which is a shame as it's the only gallery compatible with what I want.

What you're doing would be an essential addition for Joomla as it would let you self-manage images like I just mentioned. Send me the pic at matthewpaver@yahoo.co.uk so I can see your progress.

Cheers,

Matt

Moderators: beatnantkrileon