Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Slideshowpro like CB Plugin??

• royce
  • royce
17 years 2 weeks ago #47442 by royce
Replied by royce on topic Re:Slideshowpro like CB Plugin??
I wish I could send a link to the site, but its not available to the public. I was able to use Nant's gallery for the upload/edits/moderation etc and SSP to display the pictures. When you click on the "upload picture" button, Nant's form opens up to browse files, add titles, etc.

I don't use SSP Director, I was able to use one of the XML generators that is listed on the SSP site to automatically generate the XML when Nant's gallery uploads a picture! The changes weren't as complicated as I expected, the whole thing took me about 2-3 days.

I need to modify it to read from the DB instead of the image directory, and to use the Titles and descriptions for the SSP captions. I also have to add the function where users can delete their pictures. I'm looking for a PHP function that will display JPG thumbnails from a directory and allow users to delete files.

Here is a snapshot of the CB Plug In. I also modified/hacked CB to give each DIV a unique ID so that I can style each one of the profile plug-ins differently. That is how I got the background image for the titles. Its not quite ready for general release, but I'm pretty proud of it.

Post edited by: royce, at: 2007/10/08 16:33
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mpaver
  • mpaver
17 years 2 weeks ago #47444 by mpaver
Replied by mpaver on topic Re:Slideshowpro like CB Plugin??
Yeah it's startin to look good. Only thing is though, if the user has a lot of images, scrolling side to side may become tedious. The issue with slideshow pro is that you have to manually edit the window size and therefore that means your module couldn't expand if for example you put it in the centre of the page in full view. I do like the progress you've made though. How does it work per user then? If it works from one central XML file for all users, would there be conflicts when for example two people upload at the same time?

I just thought, for the PHP thumbnail directory feature, you may want to look at the joomla admin file explorer which show all files, but will have a thumbnail viewer feature in there.

Post edited by: mpaver, at: 2007/10/08 16:42

• royce
  • royce
17 years 1 week ago #47450 by royce
I plan to limit the number of images to about 10 per user, but you are right, it would get a bit tedious for lots of images. I sort the images by date descending so the latest added image shows up 1st.

I'm not sure what you mean by editing the window size. That is set via the SWFObject parameters. I also use that to set the XML file.

And no, its not one large XML file. It is one XML file per user! The image gallery places the images in a different directory per user by their ID. I get the user ID and place the XML file in each users directory. I use Nants moderation function to check to see if the image has been authorized, if not, it doesn't go in the XML file so it doesn't get displayed!

Thanks for the tip on the File Explorer. I feel pretty comfortable now in hacking components/modules etc to get what I need and to then package it up as a CB Plug-in.

• mpaver
  • mpaver
17 years 1 week ago #47453 by mpaver
Sounds good. I haven't looked into the nant's gallery code yet, but what happens when a user leaves or becomes dormant? does removing a user from user management remove all the files or leave them?

So how would this all tie into a main gallery, if someone was to try and do that? Is it possible to pull people pictures automatically/dynamically into a central one?

• royce
  • royce
17 years 1 week ago #47456 by royce
mpaver wrote:

Sounds good. I haven't looked into the nant's gallery code yet, but what happens when a user leaves or becomes dormant? does removing a user from user management remove all the files or leave them?

I think Nant's gallery registers for the CB deleted user event, so it may be automatically called when a user is deleted. If so, it probably deletes the users gallery files. I could be wrong about this cause I haven't looked at the code recently.

mpaver wrote:

So how would this all tie into a main gallery, if someone was to try and do that? Is it possible to pull people pictures automatically/dynamically into a central one?

This would be very easy to do. You could just copy the plug in and pass in the name of a central directory. Matter of fact, I did that by accident during testing and I had two copies of SSP showing different galleries on one profile page.

• mpaver
  • mpaver
17 years 1 week ago #47470 by mpaver
Cool. I'll be watchin gyour progress pretty closely as I need something like this asap

Moderators: beatnantkrileon