Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Subscription Components for CB and Joomla

• TUSE
  • TUSE
18 years 7 months ago #8208 by TUSE
I have been trying to find a subscription component for sometime for joomla and CB.. Here are the results to date.

Joomlpal:

I contacted there sales and support team numerous times. The only contact I have recieved was when I inquired about there support on this forum. Seems there has been an issue with getting them to respond to any request. I have read on here that it does not work well for some that have purchased it. I was going to make a purchase but could not get in touch with anyone to ask about it. When I did reach them, it was because of a post here and nothing much afterwars. My advice would be very careful about making a purchase from them until the support and communications gets better.

joomlapal.com

MosLock

This is a component from Phil Taylor and while I have tried to make contact several times, I still have not recieved a reply in two weeks and three attempts via email. I constantly go and check to see if someone is online for there online help system. I can never seem to catch them on it. I would like to get a reply from someone at his site on my inquiries.

www.phil-taylor.com/

I will update this more as I move along here.

I will say that I am currently a beta tester for a very well known and established site for something to tie in with CB. I am not sure what can or cannot be said at this point.. but will let you all know what develops there as well.

Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TUSE
  • TUSE
18 years 7 months ago #8218 by TUSE
Wanted to post an update.. I have been working with a programmer and we have found two components that will allow you to do the following..

You can keep the registered users as a free signup for people that normally visit your site.

We currently have it where you can create another section for paid access only.. Right now it is just using paypal..

When someone goes to your site and clicks on the paypal link to subscribe to your site. They will automatically recieve an email from you with a username and password to access the members only area (seperate from the normal registered menu).

The problem right now is that once they signup they will have to go and change there username since it automatically assigns the name on the paypal account. Not sure this can be changed.. might just be part of the process.. I will update more on this tomorrow and in the coming days.

Right now, we have it to where someone can subscribe and gain instant access though to a special group.. This is using the reg Joomla sign in.. we are working on CB tomorrow and see what happens there..

So we might have a solution for it soon.. I am going to use Nants trick though.. I had someone that keeps voting me down on Karama.. IF we can get it to work, I will not post the way it is done until My karma rating gets up a bit.. ;) Hey, it worked for Nant

Tim

Post edited by: TUSE, at: 2006/03/15 07:36

• andyahoo
  • andyahoo
18 years 7 months ago #8262 by andyahoo
Replied by andyahoo on topic Re:Subscription Components for CB and Joomla
A little karma for you doing the leg work for us.

Joomla! 1.0.9
CB 1.0

• ford
  • ford
18 years 7 months ago #8390 by ford
This sounds good!

A subscription system that ties in with CB seems to a popular request and certainly something that I would want to have implemented on my site.

For the folks behind CB (your efforts I really admire) I have this question: Is it possible somehow to
    interrupt
the sign-up / log-in workflow? I imagine somehow re-directing to an account control component (like Heldar Garcia's : forge.joomla.org/sf/projects/accountexp ) checking if the user has paid or not. Heldar's version hooks up with PayPal.

A successful payment results in an entry in DB allowing log-in until a given date. When user logs in, this expiry date is checked. If not expired, allow log in, else redirect to payment interface.

I would really appreciate if the development team could shed some light unto this issue and perhaps give an idea if this is feasible. I understand that this would require some modification of the CB core.

Thanks in advance

Ford

PS : keep up the great work!

• TUSE
  • TUSE
18 years 7 months ago #8403 by TUSE
www.phil-taylor.com/ that did MosLock got back in touch with me after I called his NY number he has listed on his site.
Just wanted to post that he did make contact after the phone call.

• masyomo
  • masyomo
18 years 7 months ago #8478 by masyomo
Replied by masyomo on topic Re:Subscription Components for CB and Joomla
my experience with hims the same - he only contacted me after I criticised his support on the joomla site and then he falsified an email I'd sent him, so I posted the original email which was asking for support - his response was to ban me from his site! Thats a professional who claims to provide a lifetimes free upgrades and I paid for three components from him. Of those moslist messenger didn't work properly and neither does knowledgebase which I've since uninstalled. He's notorious for bad support so definitely advise against buying any of his components.

As for a subscription module I'm in the market for that too - we want something that just allows people to be registered into different user groups so that if they select 'option B' when they register they get user b status automatically. At the moment we have to do this manually so registration can be slow for users. We don't want to charge for this so are looking for an option for free membership as well as paid.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon