Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Subscription Components for CB and Joomla

18 years 7 months ago #8499 by
Multilevel memberships: check out JBridge - it combines VirtueMart with CB, DocMan and SMF.

www.joomlapalooza.com/content/view/22/31/

An extensive discussion on the current situation regarding paid memberships in Joomla:

forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,1111.0.html

Cheers from

Ford

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TUSE
  • TUSE
18 years 7 months ago #8516 by TUSE
Here is the configuration that we are working on..

(1). I installed the newest version of jooomla. 1.0.8

(2). JACLPlus Component for Joomla! 1.0.8 Stable
( www.byostech.com )

(3). Community Builder

Right now we have the payment system running on Invision.. We also have invision redirected to the CB signup so that when someone registers on the site or forum, it all leads back to the same signup.. Setting up CB and Invision is very easy to do..

We are also working on a way for it to run another popular payment system out on the market now for joomla. My programmer is working on a php script to get them to work together.

but with joomla, JaclPlus, CB and invision it works perfectly.. you can assign groups within joomla and then grant access to the group on signup automatically. I use invision on all my sites.. I love it.

I will post more on this soon.

Tim

After playing around with several installes, we figured out that you have to install JACLPlus BEFORE CB or anything else since it effects the core joomla files.

• porkleton
  • porkleton
18 years 6 months ago #9463 by porkleton
Replied by porkleton on topic Re:Subscription Components for CB and Joomla
TUSE,
This is excellent work -- I too am a large fan of Invision. When you have a chance, could you please post the details of your integration of CB and Invision power board?

Tasty Karma.

• sdhiphop
  • sdhiphop
18 years 4 months ago #14661 by sdhiphop
Replied by sdhiphop on topic Re:Subscription Components for CB and Joomla
I believe www.elearningforce.dk/ has done a subscription based component, according to the Joomla article here: www.joomla.org/content/view/1392/38/ it says the CB version will come in 2 weeks.

KICK ASS! Can't wait to try it.

• jbrowdy
  • jbrowdy
18 years 4 months ago #14676 by jbrowdy
Replied by jbrowdy on topic Re:Subscription Components for CB and Joomla
I use aMember with my Joomla site. It works with community builder if you manually add customers, but as of now, it does not work the way you envision a paid service should with CB.

I would contact aMember if you have an interest- if they know there is enough interest, they may work harder on bridging the gap.

18 years 4 months ago #14993 by
Visited www.elearningforce.dk and posted a couple of questions on the forum - no answer.

Decided to pick up the phone. Spoke to the CEO there (whose English was fantastic (they're in Denmark)) and had a very productive chat about the requirements for my site (CB Intregration, Trial periods, manual cheque (check) payments, recurring subscriptions, de-activate on expire, all the usual requests).

Not wanting to steal Bjarne's thunder about any announcements he may want to make, but from what he told me, I won't have to wait very long for a much improved version of their existing product and at an affordable cost. I can barely wait...

:whistle: :whistle:

Simon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon