Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Working on my new Status plugin...

• Luff
  • Luff
15 years 5 months ago #97476 by Luff
Replied by Luff on topic Re:Working on my new Status plugin...
Hi Mediaguru,

Did you make any progress yet in coding the profile update status module (for Joomla 1.5)? I was looking all evening for something like this and could only find a commercial version from S4J for Joomla 1.0, but this doesn't work (also not in Legacy mode): If you have completed this, are you planning to share with the community here by upload?
I would highly appreciate this!
Regards,
Luff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rapunzl
  • Rapunzl
15 years 5 months ago #97491 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Working on my new Status plugin...
He's finishing up the Karma plugin update to 1.5 and intends to do the same here, only because I "harassed" him.
:P

Seriously though, it sounds like he's doing well on the Karma, and he thinks this one will be even easier.
;)

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

• mediaguru
  • mediaguru
15 years 5 months ago #97501 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:Working on my new Status plugin...
You can thank Rapunzi for harassing me, because I wouldn't have started working on anything J1.5 for a while. Now that I've started I get all intense about it and have to finish before I can sleep... :-)

My J1.0.X Status plugin/comp/modules are working AWESOME on my golf site.

I've pretty much finished updating my Karma plug and all seems to be working. The karma was much more complicated because of the ajax stuff and because of other features.

The Status plugin is much more simple and I think it will be easier to convert to native Joomla! 1.5.

My STATUS system currently doesn't even need CB. It will work for a standard Joomla! install and the CB plug is extra. The "statai" are only stored in the db until the next one is updated. I realize facebook and many other sites keep them in the db forever and maybe I can add that feature, but man talk about a db hog. My members like seeing the current status updates and that is about it.

And to answer your question... YES I plan on releasing it to the community. I've benefited greatly by the "free" joomla platform and the "free" CB system. I feel that I'm paying the community back by contributing to it. I do that to show my appreciation.

Post edited by: mediaguru, at: 2009/05/04 04:36

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

• Rapunzl
  • Rapunzl
15 years 5 months ago #97504 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Working on my new Status plugin...
Woot! mediaguru sleeps as little as me when he's stoked. Good thing I don't have to be to work early tomorrow... only kidding... don't expect it finished tonight.:lol:

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

• mediaguru
  • mediaguru
15 years 5 months ago #97551 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:Working on my new Status COMPONENT...
To be clear, my status system is COMPONENT based, with modules and a CB plugin.

The differences between my Status COMPONENT (or new name which I haven't thought of yet), and just using the CB Ajax field:

1. Status is not CB based. This could be used for standard joomla install and CB isn't required. A CB plugin ads status update capability to CB profiles.

2. There are currently two modules, one displays recent member updates and the other provides a form you can place anywhere on the site to update your status.

3. Time stamp. When a member updates his status, a date/time is written to the db and that date can be displayed on the profile, or optioned out. Later I hope to work in things like "updated 23 minutes ago" or "updated yesterday" etc...

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

• Luff
  • Luff
15 years 3 months ago #105002 by Luff
Replied by Luff on topic Re:Working on my new Status plugin...
Hi Mediaguru,

As i haven't heard any update on this in this thread I was wondering if you have completed your work already or if you stopped it at some certain stage? As you say it is already running on your golfing site, is it stable or still causing problems somehow? And if it is completed, would you mind putting it here for download? I really would love to see a profile status bar on my side for the users to see that there is still need to update their profile.

just another thought which came to miy mind: Maybe if this is implemented it could be possible with some conditional statements to only grant access to certain parts of the site if the profile is completed for a certain percentage (e.g. if profile status > 80% then possilbe to read more, else display am essage: You ned to complete your profile to see the entire text). This could stimulate the users then to update their profile or upload a picture to be able to use all features of the site...
Any update on this issue is highly appreciated!
Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon