Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Backend User Profile : "Not Authorized" [solved]

• faulty
  • faulty
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #163218 by faulty
Hi, I've had CB 1.4 installed onto Joomla 1.5.22. It's working properly for most of the parts. We have custom fields. Front-end registration works fine. Now the backend, when ever we try to register a user in CB User Manager, I'm faced with 2 problem.

1. "Could not check this email: Please double-check: Needed for confirmation.". I've saw solution from forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2355 which is meant for CB2.0RC1, but it doesn't help.
2. It will prompt(javascript) "Not Authorized", then redirect back to the registration page.

What should I do to solve this 2 problem?

TQ

NOTE: I did post a same question earlier at test2010new.joomlapolis.com. I found some link while searching in google. Then I then post from here. I didn't realize it's not meant for public, and it's taken down already. So I have to repost the question here. Maybe there should be a warning or some sort, as I've been waiting for reply from there for a few days
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by faulty. Reason: Marked Solved

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Eduardol
  • Eduardol
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #163836 by Eduardol
Replied by Eduardol on topic Re: Backend User Profile : "Not Authorized"
I have the same problem I think.

CB 1.4 installed in a Joomla 1.6.3 environment. Every time I'm editing a user in the backend and want to save, I get a javascript box with 'Not Authorized'. After OK I turn back to the editing window.

I'm logged in as super user and tried several settings in the moderator tab within the CB configuration window.

Eduard
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Eduardol.

13 years 5 months ago #164207 by paula.gomez
Replied by paula.gomez on topic Re: Backend User Profile : "Not Authorized"
I have the same problem. How can we fix it?
Thank you,
Paula.

13 years 5 months ago #164361 by Aussieinterconnect
Replied by Aussieinterconnect on topic Re: Backend User Profile : "Not Authorized"
Same issue and we ahev been checking abck lately but no updates or answers available.

Seemd to be related to 1.6.3 - Is everyone else using 1.6.3 getting the same issue and if so we should be looking at a bug fix.

Any responses from anyone is better than none we have at present.

Cheers

Shane

• Eduardol
  • Eduardol
13 years 5 months ago #164400 by Eduardol
Replied by Eduardol on topic Re: Backend User Profile : "Not Authorized"
Problem solved. I decided to stay at Joomla 1.5!

Eduard

• spfaehler
  • spfaehler
13 years 5 months ago #164666 by spfaehler
Replied by spfaehler on topic Re: Backend User Profile : "Not Authorized"
Maybe this will help someone?

I had the same issue with trying to add a new user form the back end as a SuperAdmin and receiving the "Not Authorized" error.

Turns out, that because I had moved the params field to a tab that was unpublished in hopes of removing it from the users profile, that it was causing this error. When I published the tab that contained the params field, everything worked again. To get around showing the params field to the user in the edit your details form, I published the tab containing the params field, but made the access level super admin. Seems to have solved my problem.

Maybe if you have other system fields that are in unpublished tabs you receive the same error?
The following user(s) said Thank You: JontyPTraveler, WebWorkshop, faulty

Moderators: beatnantkrileon