Skip to Content Skip to Menu

2 mails on registration?

• nant
  • nant
9 years 9 months ago #256567 by nant
Replied by nant on topic 2 mails on registration?

edit: Joomla! 3.3.3

I should have asked you to upgrade to Joomla 3.3.6 before investing more time on this ... but you would have posted back your regret that I am using standard responses ;-)

Your Joomla version most likely has a bug and it does not recognize the do not send notification setting in the user plugin.

Please upgrade to Joomla 3.3.6 and retest.

You can easily verify that this is a Joomla bug by creating a new user from the Joomla user manager (in backend) and see that a welcome message is in fact sent by Joomla.

This has been fixed in Joomla 3.3.6.

Please upgrade your site, test and confirm if this fixes your issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• freaknet
  • freaknet
9 years 9 months ago #256594 by freaknet
Replied by freaknet on topic 2 mails on registration?
will update Joomla (backup made from all files and db)

Fingers crossed ;-) Will let you know how it goes...

• freaknet
  • freaknet
9 years 9 months ago #256655 by freaknet
updated to 3.3.6. but nothing changed, settings are set to not send the joomla mail and only the CB mail.... still sending 2 mails :(

• freaknet
  • freaknet
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #256656 by freaknet
/public_html/components/com_users/models/registration.php is the file that sends the mail if i am right. I have edited that file even removed all code... still sending the 2nd mail. Is there maybe a other plugin/component or file i need to edit?

edit: issues.joomla.org/tracker/joomla-cms/5594 my problem :( but i am still confused when i remove all code it still got enough code to generate a mail? i know smartphones and TVs,,, do i have a "smart" website?
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by freaknet.

• nant
  • nant
9 years 9 months ago #256665 by nant
Replied by nant on topic 2 mails on registration?

freaknet wrote: /public_html/components/com_users/models/registration.php is the file that sends the mail if i am right. I have edited that file even removed all code... still sending the 2nd mail. Is there maybe a other plugin/component or file i need to edit?

edit: issues.joomla.org/tracker/joomla-cms/5594 my problem :( but i am still confused when i remove all code it still got enough code to generate a mail? i know smartphones and TVs,,, do i have a "smart" website?

Also got your PM ...

As mentioned earlier this is 100% Joomla related and I see that you have found a bug ticket on Joomla tracker that refers to this.

I have no idea what you patched and I also have no idea if the specific patch is enough to fix this Joomla issue.

I have recommended earlier that you upgrade to latest Joomla 3.3.6 release and retest.

Not much more I can offer - of course other community members are welcome to help if they have something different to suggest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: freaknet

• freaknet
  • freaknet
9 years 9 months ago #256673 by freaknet
I now just have created a link on my hidden menu to a CB register form.... fill it, send it.... and 1 (one) mail is send :-)

me = happy

thanks for the support

Moderators: beatnantkrileon