Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Auto Renew

• jingato
  • jingato
15 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #95355 by jingato
[SOLVED] Auto Renew was created by jingato
Hi. I'm very interested in purchasing this plug-in. One feature I don't see listed is automatic renewal. Does CBSUBBS have a way to have a monthly subscription that is automatically renewed each month. I was originally looking at the component account expiration control. It offered automatic renewal through paypal subscriptions. Ideally I would like them to sign up for a month and have the option to turn automatic renewal on or off when signing up. Is this possible with this app and if not, is it planned for future releases and how long.

Thank you

John
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
15 years 6 months ago #95359 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Auto Renew
jingato wrote:

Hi. I'm very interested in purchasing this plug-in. One feature I don't see listed is automatic renewal. Does CBSUBBS have a way to have a monthly subscription that is automatically renewed each month. I was originally looking at the component account expiration control. It offered automatic renewal through paypal subscriptions. Ideally I would like them to sign up for a month and have the option to turn automatic renewal on or off when signing up. Is this possible with this app and if not, is it planned for future releases and how long.

Thank you

John

Its called auto-recurring and its supported in CB as long as its supported in the payment processor.

PayPal supports it and I believe Authorize.net does also (although I have not tried it with this one).

short answer: YES

• beat
  • beat
15 years 6 months ago #95375 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Auto Renew
Authorize.net implementation supports it too, using Authorize.net 's ARB (in addition of the AIM for first payment, which also validates the credit-card) :)

It's tested and live on sites in the testimonials page.

Yellownet does not.

CBSubs does not store credit-cards information to be credits-cards standards compliant.

Post edited by: beat, at: 2009/04/17 11:52

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• jingato
  • jingato
15 years 6 months ago #95468 by jingato
Replied by jingato on topic Re:Auto Renew
Sounds Great. So will users have the ability to cancel there auto renewing subscription after they log into there account on my site? Also, If authorize.net or payal goes to charge all the current subscribers for the month, will CBSubbs be notifies somehow if a subscribers credit card is declined so there account becomes inactive?

Thanks

• beat
  • beat
15 years 6 months ago #95485 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Auto Renew
jingato wrote:

Sounds Great. So will users have the ability to cancel there auto renewing subscription after they log into there account on my site? Also, If authorize.net or payal goes to charge all the current subscribers for the month, will CBSubbs be notifies somehow if a subscribers credit card is declined so there account becomes inactive?

Thanks

Auto-renew cancels:

- authorize.net : yes from account, in case of first payment declined: yes it's handled, for subsequent ones auth.net will send you email in case of declined. Not handled at this point, auth.net added a call-back for those cases on our suggestion, but to late for being included in 1.0.

- paypal: cancellation from user's paypal account. If user tries from site, he is redirected to his paypal account subscriptions for cancellation. All cases are handled completely in Paypal implementation.

Paypal's automation in CBSubs is very advanced: e.g. if a user raises a complaint and the payment is reversed, his subscriptions are automatically suspended by CBSubs. If you win the case, CBSubs will re-activate the subscription automatically too. If you refund someone from paypal, CBSubs will automatically cancel his subscriptions too.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• jingato
  • jingato
15 years 6 months ago #95503 by jingato
Replied by jingato on topic Re:Auto Renew
ok, Do you plan on implementing the authorize.net callback at all? If so, how long do you think till you do?

also, when users log in will they have the ability to update there payment information, like changing to a different credit card.

Post edited by: jingato, at: 2009/04/18 18:20

Moderators: beatnantkrileon