Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Auto Renew

• beat
  • beat
15 years 5 months ago #97409 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Auto Renew
jingato wrote:

ok, Do you plan on implementing the authorize.net callback at all? If so, how long do you think till you do?

also, when users log in will they have the ability to update there payment information, like changing to a different credit card.

Post edited by: jingato, at: 2009/04/18 18:20

Paypal's API is very complete.

authorize.net ARB's API is not as complete, and does not allow all of this.

There is a new API which came out at authorize.net after we developed the authorize.net gateway, but which has a heafty extra-cost and approval-process, so we guessed that it would be way less appealing for now.

We are currently planing to implement the "silent callback" from authorize.net in next features-release 1.1.0, but it will just tell if card could be charged or not.

AIM and payments with our authorize.net gateway are complete and do check fine for transactions.

Also for subscriptions, we do not use ARB alone, but also AIM for the first payment, so that we are sure that credit-card is valid.

For now in AIM+ARB autorecurring auth.net payments: authorize.net sends an email in the unlikely case a further transaction gets declined, and the backend admin interface allows to adjust the subscription accordingly.

In paypal: everything is fully automated as we implement the full webpayments api.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jingato
  • jingato
15 years 5 months ago #97427 by jingato
Replied by jingato on topic Re:Auto Renew
beat wrote:

jingato wrote:

ok, Do you plan on implementing the authorize.net callback at all? If so, how long do you think till you do?

also, when users log in will they have the ability to update there payment information, like changing to a different credit card.

There is a new API which came out at authorize.net after we developed the authorize.net gateway, but which has a heafty extra-cost and approval-process, so we guessed that it would be way less appealing for now.

We are currently planing to implement the "silent callback" from authorize.net in next features-release 1.1.0, but it will just tell if card could be charged or not.

AIM and payments with our authorize.net gateway are complete and do check fine for transactions.

Also for subscriptions, we do not use ARB alone, but also AIM for the first payment, so that we are sure that credit-card is valid.

For now in AIM+ARB autorecurring auth.net payments: authorize.net sends an email in the unlikely case a further transaction gets declined, and the backend admin interface allows to adjust the subscription accordingly.

In paypal: everything is fully automated as we implement the full webpayments api.

But see, the problem is, I'm creating a very high end site for a client and he doesn't want the users to have to #1 be forwarded to another site to pay. He wants it to be all on his site. And #2 require signing up and creating a paypal account, which I assume is necessary since it's subscription based.

I know with paypal you can use paypal pro and do everything on your site like any other processor. But what about subscriptions. Is it possible to charge for a subscription without leaving the site and can that subscription be managed without having a paypal account?

Do you have any idea when 1.1.0 will be released? Are we looking at months?

Thanks again

John

• beat
  • beat
15 years 5 months ago #97603 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Auto Renew
jingato wrote:

beat wrote:

jingato wrote:

But see, the problem is, I'm creating a very high end site for a client and he doesn't want the users to have to #1 be forwarded to another site to pay. He wants it to be all on his site. And #2 require signing up and creating a paypal account, which I assume is necessary since it's subscription based.

I know with paypal you can use paypal pro and do everything on your site like any other processor. But what about subscriptions. Is it possible to charge for a subscription without leaving the site and can that subscription be managed without having a paypal account?

Do you have any idea when 1.1.0 will be released? Are we looking at months?

Thanks again

John

John, if you really need that urgently and have a real budget to co-sponsor a priority-implementation of that new auth.net feature, please PM me to discuss details. To PM: press icon at bottom left of post, and please add URL to this topic, so we can relate to it.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• jingato
  • jingato
15 years 5 months ago #97629 by jingato
Replied by jingato on topic Re:Auto Renew
Well, we actually wont be needing it for about 6 months. Membership is going to be free for a while when the site launches. Hopefully that would be enough time to get the newer version of the authorize.net plugin. The sooner the better, just so we would have it in place and ready to go. If you didn't plan on having it implemented by then let me know. I might be willing to get the client to sponsor the plugin creation.

Thanks

14 years 8 months ago #123636 by Janis Kupferer
Replied by Janis Kupferer on topic Re:Auto Renew
I wanted to follow up and find out if there are any changes in the Authorize.Net API. We are currently using Authorize .Net to handle reoccurring subscriptions. Is there anyway for a user of a reoccurring subscription to change their credit card information?

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 8 months ago #123674 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Auto Renew
Janis Kupferer wrote:

I wanted to follow up and find out if there are any changes in the Authorize.Net API. We are currently using Authorize .Net to handle reoccurring subscriptions. Is there anyway for a user of a reoccurring subscription to change their credit card information?

Unfortunately at this time, no. However, it is a planned feature to be implemented. :)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon