Skip to Content Skip to Menu

mass-upgrade admin feature for plans

• activha
  • activha
12 years 10 months ago #183465 by activha
mass-upgrade admin feature for plans was created by activha
We have made substantial modifications in our plans and we need now to mass upgrade 500 users to the same plan but with new features applied.

Could you tell me how to mass upgrade ? I did not found anything in the docs on this subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #183492 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: mass-upgrade admin feature for plans
There's really no mass feature, but you can try using the import feature. You'll need to import them from the plan to another plan then import them back to the plan. It's usually best to create a free what I call "dummy" plan that is only accessibly via backend. You'd just import them to it, then do another import from it, and you basically have a mass subscription manager. As far as I am aware importing from a plan back to its self does nothing so you need a "dummy" plan to move them to first.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by krileon.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 10 months ago #183500 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: mass-upgrade admin feature for plans

activha wrote: We have made substantial modifications in our plans and we need now to mass upgrade 500 users to the same plan but with new features applied.

Could you tell me how to mass upgrade ? I did not found anything in the docs on this subject

The question I have is why do you need to create a new plan?
Can't you just edit the existing plan these subscribers are in?

If the plan has same duration, then expiration dates will stay the same.

Would need more info on the changes really to further comment.

• activha
  • activha
12 years 10 months ago #183560 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Re: mass-upgrade admin feature for plans

nant wrote:

The things that we changed int the plan are MySQL integration, cb fields integration and URL integration. Do you mean that all users already activated with this plan could benefits from these changes ? Or do we have to go the dummy plan way as was proposed by Kyle ?

• nant
  • nant
12 years 10 months ago #183568 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: mass-upgrade admin feature for plans

activha wrote:

nant wrote:

The things that we changed int the plan are MySQL integration, cb fields integration and URL integration. Do you mean that all users already activated with this plan could benefits from these changes ? Or do we have to go the dummy plan way as was proposed by Kyle ?

The URL protection will work.
The SQL action associated with the subscription activation will have to be manually applied to all existing subscribers (the other actions should be ok as the events have not happened yet that trigger them).
The CB Fields values will also have to me manually set.

• activha
  • activha
12 years 10 months ago #183586 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Re: mass-upgrade admin feature for plans
@Kyle : mass import with a dummy plan does not work for users without subscription that we would like to enter into a plan, and it does not work neither for users with our negopme plan that we would put in dummy then back in negopme because the import function states that a subscription already exists :-(

@Nant : I was thinking at url linking in integration and not url protection. And upgrading one by one 500 users is not very funny :-(

You two have any other ideas ?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon