Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Text area field truncate text

12 years 4 months ago #202106 by deltafidesign
Replied by deltafidesign on topic Re: Text area field truncate text

krileon wrote: Did you edit cb.core.xml by chance? Are you sure you're using CB 1.8? Are you using latest CB Core Fields Ajax? See professional downloads section for latest.

The below is taken directly from cb.core.xml of CB 1.8, which determines its database type and it's mediumtext.

Code:
<field type="textarea" label="Text Area"> <data name="" nametype="namesuffix" type="sql:mediumtext" null="true" default="NULL" strict="false" />

Yes latest version of both. Also disabling the core plugin, same issue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #202108 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Text area field truncate text
I recommend checking cb.core.xml to ensure the textarea field has the right type. Not sure why it's not mediumtext. This is also the type it uses during CB tools checking.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by krileon.

12 years 4 months ago #202109 by deltafidesign
that's my cb.core.xml:
Code:
<field type="textarea" label="Text Area"> <data name="" nametype="namesuffix" type="sql:mediumtext" null="true" default="NULL" strict="false" />

same as yours

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #202231 by krileon
Strange, not sure what is changing its type then. I suggest editing the column directly in database then and changing its type to mediumtext and simply ignore the check in CB > Tools.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #202254 by deltafidesign

krileon wrote: Strange, not sure what is changing its type then. I suggest editing the column directly in database then and changing its type to mediumtext and simply ignore the check in CB > Tools.

Yes, that's what I've already done; but why Tools tells me to fix it? It's a bug? If I should fix something else in future I cannot use the tools 'cause it will "fix" also the text area fields and then again it will set it as varchar(255).

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #202255 by krileon
The tools shouldn't tell you it's varchar as the XML clearly shows mediumtext. I suppose something is overriding the field perhaps. Earlier versions of CB Core Fields Ajax overrode fields, but if you've latest that's not an issue anymore.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon