Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#3562] SQL Error on Password Re-set?

• imaaxx
  • imaaxx
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #202814 by imaaxx
Hello,

I have a Joomla 1.5 site running CB 1.8 and I was wondering what is the correct fix for the Username password re-set SQL error?

I have found some posts referring to Joomla 2.5 but I have this issue with a Joomla 1.5.26 site what can be done to fix this? Is this the correct fix?

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3315 for J1.5?

Best Regards
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #202896 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: SQL Error on Password Re-set?
#3315 will fix your issue; it's for all versions of Joomla.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• imaaxx
  • imaaxx
12 years 4 months ago #202910 by imaaxx
Replied by imaaxx on topic Re: SQL Error on Password Re-set?
Hello,

Ok we have applied this patch and while i don’t get an Error anymore it sends me a new password for my Super Admin account however it has not actually changed that password, as i am not able to login to the site with the new password only the old one works even after i have re-set the password?

Any ideas of why this would be? We have never had this problem with Community builder prior to 1.8.

Thanks for your support.

Alan

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #202920 by krileon
Super Administrators (j1.5) and Super Users (j2.5) can not reset their password. Joomla does not allow it. J1.5 just doesn't give an error while J2.5 does.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by krileon.

• imaaxx
  • imaaxx
12 years 4 months ago #202922 by imaaxx
Replied by imaaxx on topic Re: SQL Error on Password Re-set?
Hello,

When did this happen? As in the past we have always been able to re-set the Super Admin passwords if needed.

Alan

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #202925 by krileon
As far as I am aware its always been this way. You can try using Joomlas forgot password feature to see if Joomla allows it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon