Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#3562] SQL Error on Password Re-set?

• imaaxx
  • imaaxx
12 years 4 months ago #202931 by imaaxx
Replied by imaaxx on topic Re: SQL Error on Password Re-set?
Hello,

Well for as long as i have been giving support for Joomla sites and CB (over 5 years) this is news to me as in the past we have always been able to re-set the SA password using CB.

I will try the Joomla password re-set and see what happens.

Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• imaaxx
  • imaaxx
12 years 4 months ago #202933 by imaaxx
Hello again,

Sorry to be a pain but now i have tested the password re-set for an “Admin” level not Super Admin and while we do receive the password re-set in an e-mail the new password does not work and still the old password is functioning.

The exact same thing that is happening with the Super admin re-set.

Any ideas?

Alan

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #202935 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: SQL Error on Password Re-set?
Does Joomlas password reset work with both Administrator and Super Administrator? Does it work with regular registered users?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by krileon.

• imaaxx
  • imaaxx
12 years 4 months ago #202937 by imaaxx
Me again,

OK we have tested the same site using only the Joomla password re-set feature and yes we are able to re-set the password for both the Admin and the Super Admin’s using the Joomla Reset.

This is clearly a CB issue with 1.8 only as we have never encountered this with the previous versions since 1.2 to 1.7.1.

Thanks for looking into this for us as i can’t be the only one with this issue.

Regards

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 4 months ago #202941 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: SQL Error on Password Re-set?
Looks like you'll need more then 3315. For example the below may also be needed.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3314

If the password reset is going through and no errors then there's no reason it shouldn't work unless there was an issue with storing it to database.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• imaaxx
  • imaaxx
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #202958 by imaaxx
Hello,

Well we have added these 2 files and now we get this error when we try to re-set the admin password, did not test Super admin yet but im sure it’s the same if the admin wont re-set.

You cannot create a user with this User Group Level. Only Super Administrators have this ability.

Also the system does send a password however it does not work?

Best Regards
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by imaaxx.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon