Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Connect is taking users to a blank page.

12 years 3 months ago #205654 by chucknb28409
CB Connect is taking users to a blank page. was created by chucknb28409
Hi,

I know I must have forgotten to configure something or I made a mistake but when logging in with either Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google the user is repeatably asked to check the box for terms of use (which I require) it does not login and sends the user to a blank page. The same thing happens if I disable requiring the checking of the terms of service.

Thanks

Joomla 2.5.6
Community Builder 1.8.1
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #205698 by krileon
Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then attempt to connect and see if there are any fatal errors on screen (don't provide query log at bottom of page). A blank page like that typically means the plugin couldn't be reached. So it could be due to a access issue to CB it self or maybe something intercepting and redirecting away. Also disable SEF so you can see the raw URLs. Check that your CB profile Joomla menu link is public and published.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #205702 by chucknb28409
Replied by chucknb28409 on topic Re: CB Connect is taking users to a blank page.
I am not getting any fatal errors at the bottom of the page but i am testing each one. But I am getting the following before it asks for an email or terms and conditions.

Notice: Undefined index: view in /home1/zypathco/public_html/components/com_content/router.php on line 48

What is com_content that's not part of CB is it??

Thanks

Joomla 2.5.6
Community Builder 1.8.1

12 years 3 months ago #205704 by chucknb28409
Replied by chucknb28409 on topic Re: CB Connect is taking users to a blank page.
Hi,

Something else I noticed, I turned breadcrumbs on and the blank page is at User Profile? is this the CB profile or is there some connection I am missing?

Thanks

Joomla 2.5.6
Community Builder 1.8.1

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #205717 by krileon

What is com_content that's not part of CB is it??

Probably coming from a module or something that's trying to SEF a content URL that doesn't have a Joomla menu link. Nothing to be alarmed about, just a notice.

Something else I noticed, I turned breadcrumbs on and the blank page is at User Profile? is this the CB profile or is there some connection I am missing?

That's normal. It'll use CBs profile Joomla menu link Itemid, which is why that menu link needs to be public and published.

Please disable SEF and ensure both debug mode is enabled and error reporting is set to maximum. Then test and see if you get that blank page again and if you do see if there is any fatal on-screen errors.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #205724 by chucknb28409
Hi,

Sorry I forgot to disable SEO and in Joomla 2.5.6 (using CB 1.8.1) there is no error reporting its called Debugging Language (well that's all I could find) I finally did get an error and I am at a loss to explain it but I will investigate. Here it is:

JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_content_jw_allvideos.ini : error(s) in line(s) 73

Why a profile would be accessing the allvideos content I do not know?

Thanks

Joomla 2.5.6
Community Builder 1.8.1

Moderators: beatnantkrileon