Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Connect is taking users to a blank page.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #205872 by krileon
No, it asks you to provide a valid email address. It then sends a confirmation email to that email address only if configured to do so. By default the connect sites will ignore confirmation. You can enable confirmation within CB Connect configuration.

Also when it logged you in did where did you end up - at your profile?

I don't recall, but to configure login redirect please see CB Connect configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #205912 by chucknb28409
Replied by chucknb28409 on topic Re: CB Connect is taking users to a blank page.
Hi,

I am very frustrated with the CB connect module I cannot make it work, no matter what I do. I cannot replicate the success you supposedly had loging in. I have cleared all traces of a user and then tried each login (Facebook, Twitter, etc) and they all ask for accepting the terms and conditions, which I check and then they send me to a blank login page, as shown in the beginning of this thread. THE USER IS NEVER LOGGED IN! Every time I try to use the logins (Facebook, twitter, etc.) it asks me to accept the terms and conditions AGAIN and AGAIN sends me to a blank page. The user NEVER shows up in under the CB or Joomla user. I am using the latest version of Joomla (2.5.6) and CB (1.8.1) and I am not sure where to go from here other than to remove the plugin.

I am also getting the following error with debugging turned on right above the request to click on the terms of service.

Undefined index: view in /home1/zypathco/public_html/components/com_content/router.php on line 48

Thanks

Joomla 2.5.6
Community Builder 1.8.1
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by chucknb28409.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #205923 by krileon
I've no idea why you're having so many problems. I tested your own install and confirmed Twitter and LinkedIn working fine. You won't be able to use Facebook or Google without resolving the IPV6 issue I mentioned earlier. Perhaps try creating a new Twitter account or having a friend try their Twitter account to see if it'll then work?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #205945 by chucknb28409
Replied by chucknb28409 on topic Re: CB Connect is taking users to a blank page.
Hi,

While working on another issue I discovered that I was requiring the Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and Google ID (the required column was checked). I turned that off and now I am getting the following when I try to use one of the my social ids.

I have the maximum error reporting turned on. My question is can I require a captcha, email/username, and password on the registration page does that screw up CB Connect?? I turned off requiring the terms and condition because it repeatedly asked for this and never seamed to save the settings???

Thanks

Joomla 2.5.6
Community Builder 1.8.1
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by chucknb28409.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #206001 by krileon
Your normal registration workflows has no affect on CB Connect registration. It works directly with the user object.

The problem is it's not pulling your user data. For what reason, I have no idea. Maybe your Twitter account is incomplete. Maybe your accounts privacy is significantly too high. Maybe they blacklisted your account. I don't know. I can't tell you why your account doesn't work, but I've confirmed my personal Twitter and LinkedIn both worked on your own site. Facebook and Google will not due to IPV6 issue.

Try creating a new connect site account and using it. Maybe try having a friend connect with their account. You can also try creating a clean Joomla + CB + CB Connect install to help rule out conflicts (also a high possibility).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by krileon.

12 years 3 months ago #206018 by chucknb28409
Hi,

I uninstalled the CB connect and then installed the CB twitter and CB Facebook free login and the Twitter one worked first time. The Facebook one just sits there so it's either an issue you found earlier or the issue that several people seemed to have brought up in other posts. I had both working before I went to the CB connect so not sure what's wrong will try again later when I have time...

Thanks

Joomla 2.5.6
Community Builder 1.8.1

Moderators: beatnantkrileon