Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Connect is taking users to a blank page.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #205751 by krileon
They're shown to you directly after trying to connect, you've a large header so you have to scroll down a good ways to see your message tag, which gives you the error (above component content).

I've already fixed your fatal error, which was due to Joomlas plugin that is now disabled. Your other issues are connectivity problems that you need to take up with your host. Twitter and LinkedIn were unaffected and both worked fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #205756 by chucknb28409
Replied by chucknb28409 on topic Re: CB Connect is taking users to a blank page.
Hi,

Perhaps I am misunderstanding how this works. Am I supposed to put my twitter login and password in the boxes on the login page and then click sign in or Do I click signin and then enter the username and password there in the popup.

Thanks

Joomla 2.5.6
Community Builder 1.8.1

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #205757 by krileon
You click the button, login in the popup, it closes, it then registers you, askes you to provide a valid email address and accept TOS, it then logs you in.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #205759 by chucknb28409
Replied by chucknb28409 on topic Re: CB Connect is taking users to a blank page.
Hi,

Not sure what I am doing wrong but that does not happen when I login. Could it be that I already have an account in Joomla/CB or that the email address already exits in the database. I have the checking for duplicate email addresses checked as well as the ajax email address validation could these be causing problems.

Thanks

Joomla 2.5.6
Community Builder 1.8.1

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #205761 by krileon
I've no idea what you're doing, but I've confirmed Twitter and LinkedIn works fine. Yes, if the email is already registered it'll error and tell you that. Maybe you've a broken user due to the bug described earlier that is now resolved. Check within CB > User Management and delete any connected user you may have.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #205777 by chucknb28409
Hi,

When you registered on my site did it give you a confirmation email with a link to complete registration?

Also when it logged you in did where did you end up - at your profile?

Thanks

Joomla 2.5.6
Community Builder 1.8.1
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by chucknb28409.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon