Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Connect is taking users to a blank page.

12 years 3 months ago #205726 by chucknb28409
Replied by chucknb28409 on topic Re: CB Connect is taking users to a blank page.
Hi,

There is more at the bottom under Untranslated Strings:

# JROOT/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbconnect/cbconnect.class.php

PLEASE_ENTER_YOUR_NAME="enter your name.**"

Which is part of CB. I also noticed that the session user is all blank:
id ⇒ 0
name ⇒
username ⇒
email ⇒
password ⇒
password_clear ⇒
usertype ⇒
block ⇒
sendEmail ⇒ 0
registerDate ⇒
lastvisitDate ⇒
activation ⇒
params ⇒
groups ⇒
guest ⇒ 1
lastResetTime ⇒
resetCount ⇒
aid ⇒ 0

Thanks

Joomla 2.5.6
Community Builder 1.8.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #205739 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator credentials and will take a look. You'll see no errors if debugging is not properly enabled (please review Joomla documentation to better understand how to utilize Joomla).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #205743 by chucknb28409
Replied by chucknb28409 on topic Re: CB Connect is taking users to a blank page.
Sorry I am a ditz, I found the error reporting I will post any errors I find in a minute...

Joomla 2.5.6
Community Builder 1.8.1

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #205747 by krileon
Facebook doesn't work due to "Failed to connect to 2a03:2880:10:1f03:face:b00c:0:26: Network is unreachable". Please see the below regarding this error.

stackoverflow.com/questions/11004624/failed-to-connect-to-2a032880101f03faceb00c026-network-is-unreachable-fr

Twitter worked fine with "You have successfully logged in".

LinkedIn failed with "42 - Failed to update contact: COM_CONTACT_WARNING_SAME_NAME". This is because you've Joomlas "User - Contact Creator" plugin enabled. I've now disabled it and LinkedIn now works fine with "You have successfully logged in".

Google failed with "Failed to connect to 2001:4860:8005::5f: Network is unreachable", which is similar to the issue with Facebook.

The Google and Facebook issues you'll need to take up with your host. Not a bug in plugin or its usage and nothing we can fix for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by krileon.

12 years 3 months ago #205748 by chucknb28409
Hi,

Where did you see these errors so that I can fix this stuff without having to ask stupid questions.

Thanks

Joomla 2.5.6
Community Builder 1.8.1

12 years 3 months ago #205750 by chucknb28409
Hi,

I just tried twitter and Linkedin and they did not work for me, is possibly because I am logged into the back end or that I am super user?

Thanks

Joomla 2.5.6
Community Builder 1.8.1

Moderators: beatnantkrileon