Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Auto Actions to send email?

• nickr
  • nickr
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #205836 by nickr
Hi there,

Trying to do a couple of things and think Auto Actions is probably the way to do it but can't figure it out so looking for some help.

1. When a user accepts a connection I would like an email to be sent to BOTH users.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #205887 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Auto Actions to send email?

1. When a user accepts a connection I would like an email to be sent to BOTH users.

Can't it only translates the first user_id it finds into a user object. You can access the recipient user_id with [var2] thought.

2. What's my easiest way to add a link to a profile that allows a user to add multiple email addresses in the 'To' field but with an editable pre-populated subject and body, including a link to the user profile, to recommend that someone looks at that user's profile. I basically need a way in which one user can easily send a link to someone elses profile to an external email address with some text to refer them to external people. Hope that makes sense!

You want a link that sends an email? I'm confused. You could use the below if I understand correctly in a delimiter field I suppose.

<a href="mailto:

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• nickr
  • nickr
12 years 3 months ago #205905 by nickr
Replied by nickr on topic Re: Auto Actions to send email?
Sorry about the confusing way I wrote this!

1. Not sure I understand how to access the second user_id with [var2]. How do I identify the user_id of the person that they connected to?

2. That's such a simple solution - don't know why I didn't think of it! Sorry to waste your time on it.

In the meantime, I've also been trying to sort a list by the cb rating field. For some reason it is not in my list of fields to sort by. It is published and is included in my list as a visible field but just not given as an option in the 'sort by' dropdown. Help please.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #205908 by krileon

1. Not sure I understand how to access the second user_id with [var2]. How do I identify the user_id of the person that they connected to?

[var2] gives the user_id of the user they're adding a connection request to. You can't get email or name from this though. It's just their ID. Connections already sends notifications however, which you can configure from CB > Configuration > Connections.

In the meantime, I've also been trying to sort a list by the cb rating field. For some reason it is not in my list of fields to sort by. It is published and is included in my list as a visible field but just not given as an option in the 'sort by' dropdown. Help please.

I see both my rating fields in the Sort By dropdown list. Ensure the tab the field is on is published as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• nickr
  • nickr
12 years 3 months ago #205990 by nickr
Replied by nickr on topic Re: Auto Actions to send email?
1. I'll try to figure this out - thanks.

2. I was looking at avg_rating_field from profile book rather than the rating field. I have now added the rating field as a field and can see that in my lists. However, it is the ajax field that appears rather than an average of ratings. How do I get the average rating for ratings that have been submitted by individual users? Do I have to use a Query field or is this automatic somehow? NB: if it isn't automatic for an average field to be generated then how is this rating field supposed to work? I applied the fix for J2.5 but I don't see the rating that's been made anywhere (except if I look in the database) - Help please!

Thank you again.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #206022 by krileon
You can't sort by count. The rating field will provide their actual rating. Sorting by count is a bit misleading as it doesn't imply a better rating. So the way it functions now is correct. You can't sort by CB Query Fields as they're calculated fields (it doesn't store anything to database to sort by).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon