Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Auto Actions to send email?

• nickr
  • nickr
12 years 3 months ago #206297 by nickr
Replied by nickr on topic Re: Auto Actions to send email?
Sorry about this Kyle but I'm not seeing what I think I ought to be.

I have done as you've said. I've now simply added a 'your rating' field to a registered tab for registered users to rate one another. I then try rating a profile and get the change from yellow stars to red stars with a 'thank you for rating' message. When I go back to the profile again the stars are not showing. I have checked the field entry log in the database and the entries have been created in there - just not showing in the profiles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nickr
  • nickr
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #206298 by nickr
CORRECTION TO LAST POST - please ignore above and see this post.

The stars are showing against users once rated but not against the Administrator profile for some reason - is this excluded? Can registered users not rate an Administrator?

Also: How do I then show this rating as stars in another position (ie show it twice) on the same profile? Delimiter field? If so how do I display the stars and not just the number?
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by nickr.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #206304 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Auto Actions to send email?
The "Your Rating" field won't allow you to rate your self. Login as a different user then view that administrators profile. You should now be able to rate them just fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• nickr
  • nickr
12 years 3 months ago #206305 by nickr
Logged in as a registered user not the administrator which is why I thought it was strange. I can rate them but their stars don't show. Only for the administrator profile. I'm not too concerned about this - just thought it odd.

What about second question above: How do I show the ratings as stars in another position on the same profile + in lists? I just want to format a delimiter field to show stars. I can use CB content to display the number but can't figure out how to display the stars as images.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #206310 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Auto Actions to send email?

Logged in as a registered user not the administrator which is why I thought it was strange. I can rate them but their stars don't show. Only for the administrator profile. I'm not too concerned about this - just thought it odd.

Seams to be working fine here. No idea why it's not displaying properly. How does it display? Can you provide a screenshot?

What about second question above: How do I show the ratings as stars in another position on the same profile + in lists? I just want to format a delimiter field to show stars. I can use CB content to display the number but can't figure out how to display the stars as images.

You'll need to use the full fields substitution to display the stars. Example as follows.

[cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• nickr
  • nickr
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #206314 by nickr
Attached a screenshot showing just the stars (empty even though user has rated) for administrator profile: (note that although it is on the Reviews tab (profile book) it is using the rating field, not the profile book rating).

On second point. If I use the userfield substitution it shows the full ajax field again which if both are on the same profile they interfere with each other when inputting (strange page jumping). All I want is the actual stars to display without the ability to change them in the other profile position or on the lists so don't want the ajax field - just the stars to show. It should be possible, right?
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by nickr.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon