Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Auto Actions to send email?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #206324 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Auto Actions to send email?

Attached a screenshot showing just the stars (empty even though user has rated) for administrator profile: (note that although it is on the Reviews tab (profile book) it is using the rating field, not the profile book rating).

I believe it's not working due to the below bug.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3016

This assumes you're on J1.6, J1.7, or J2.5. If not then it has no affect on you. Once applied I confirmed the rating field worked fine again.

On second point. If I use the userfield substitution it shows the full ajax field again which if both are on the same profile they interfere with each other when inputting (strange page jumping). All I want is the actual stars to display without the ability to change them in the other profile position or on the lists so don't want the ajax field - just the stars to show. It should be possible, right?

Hm, don't think you can do that. Its HTML display is the ajax usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nickr
  • nickr
12 years 3 months ago #206329 by nickr
Replied by nickr on topic Re: Auto Actions to send email?
Okay. Is it not possible to display stars based on the numeric field generated? If I just display the raw data it shows (for example) "4.5" which I would think somehow should be able to turned into a visual representation shouldn't it?

I am using J2.5 so may be a silly one question but how do I apply the patch for using J2.5?

Thanks.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #206342 by krileon

Okay. Is it not possible to display stars based on the numeric field generated? If I just display the raw data it shows (for example) "4.5" which I would think somehow should be able to turned into a visual representation shouldn't it?

Not without displaying it with AJAX capability as its HTML display includes AJAX. So doesn't look like you can render it as stars using substitutions without the AJAX.

I am using J2.5 so may be a silly one question but how do I apply the patch for using J2.5?

You'll need the patch then. If unsure how to apply patches I recommend just clicking the patch so it shows the from > to and just manually edit the plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by krileon.

• nickr
  • nickr
12 years 3 months ago #206350 by nickr
Thanks for all of the prompt responses Kyle.

If "4.5" as an example can only be represented in digits then I'll probably do that on my lists. Can I display this figure just to 2 decimal places somehow as it can go to many currently.

On the patch - I've applied this manually as suggested.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #206356 by krileon

On the patch - I've applied this manually as suggested.

You should be able to rate users now. It'll give you a thank you message after the ajax post completes and the rating is stored.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

• nickr
  • nickr
12 years 3 months ago #206401 by nickr
Yep - working - thanks!

On other question above - is it possible to display the results of the raw numeric output of the field to a specified number of decimal places?

Cheers.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon