Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Can Google crawler access CB fields?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #206166 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Can Google crawler access CB fields?

It is the page title at browser tab that needs change. So for the latter, is it using CB Auto Actions as you suggested?

Correct, you need CB Auto Actions to do this.

Is there any doc to read on how to do it?

Nope, but below is how you'd setup the auto action.

Type: Code
Trigger: onAfterUserProfileDisplay
Access: Everybody
Method: Page Title
Code: [user_id] - [username]

Note: "Code" above is just an example. You can put anything you want here (no HTML, browser titles don't support HTML). All other parameters not mentioned should be left as default except "Published" (set as necessary).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #206171 by deltafidesign
Replied by deltafidesign on topic Re: Can Google crawler access CB fields?
That works for me.

Is there also a way to use auto action to change SEF page name. Actually Joomla SEF renders the CB page as username.html, I would like to render it as cb_myfield.html

Is it possible?
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by deltafidesign.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #206175 by krileon
No, CB only has profile URLs for username or user_id. It has no way to extract a field value from URL and translate it to a specific user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #206176 by deltafidesign

krileon wrote: No, CB only has profile URLs for username or user_id. It has no way to extract a field value from URL and translate it to a specific user.

Could be a feature for CB 2.0?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #206178 by krileon

Could be a feature for CB 2.0?

Possibly, but am certainly not going to commit to any feature. We're in early development and just doing core mechanics right now.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 3 months ago #206179 by deltafidesign
Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon