Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Articles and Blogs Tabs not activated ins fresh install

• kelleypb
  • kelleypb
7 years 5 months ago #293695 by kelleypb
I have just installed CB and am watching the second instructional video showing the blogs and articles tabs activated. However, in my install the blogs and articles tabs are not activated, only the Contact Info tab is activated. Is there another setting I need to change in the backend?

I checked the Tabs Management settings and they are published.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #293698 by krileon
Ensure their plugins are public and published within CB > Plugin Management. If the articles tab is not displaying the user doesn't have any articles to display. If the blogs tab isn't showing they have no blogs and no permission to create blogs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• kelleypb
  • kelleypb
7 years 5 months ago #293703 by kelleypb
The blog and articles tabs appear, but they aren't active (I can't click on them). When I activate the forums tab, it is active. I don't know how to give user permission to create a blog.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #293720 by krileon
Don't understand what you mean by you can't click on them. Like on the tab menu bar clicking their tab title does nothing? See our demo site below for how articles and blogs tabs function.

Articles:
demo.cbdemosites.com/profiles/susan?tab=10

Blogs:
demo.cbdemosites.com/profiles/susan?tab=8

To create a blog you need to login and view the blog tab on your own profile. There should be a new blog button. To try this out login as "User" on our demo site and navigate the below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/profiles?tab=8

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• kelleypb
  • kelleypb
7 years 5 months ago #293726 by kelleypb
Exactly, there is no rollover effect and clicking does nothing, the blog and article buttons do not work. I uninstalled CB and reinstalled and still have the same issue.

Is there something in the template settings you can think of that might be causing this? The plugins all appear to work normally.

• kelleypb
  • kelleypb
7 years 5 months ago #293730 by kelleypb
Sorry, I am using Joomla 3.4.3.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon