Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Articles and Blogs Tabs not activated ins fresh install

• kelleypb
  • kelleypb
7 years 5 months ago #293798 by kelleypb
Using Protostar is not an option. I am adding CB capability to an otherwise finished website. Luckily, I only need the social networking plugins to work.

I have two error messages coming from the jquery.js file in the media folder:
Code:
media/jui/js/jquery.js: 2922:12
Code:
media/jui/js/jquery.js: 2922:5

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kelleypb
  • kelleypb
7 years 5 months ago #293801 by kelleypb
Sorry! It should be lines
Code:
media/jui/js/jquery.js: 2822:12
Code:
media/jui/js/jquery.js: 2822:5

With the message in the Console reading:
Code:
Empty string passed to getElementById().
Code:
Empty string passed to getElementById().

(Same message for both.)

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #293802 by krileon
The warning is coming from Joomla. I'm not asking you to permanently set the site to protostar, but temporarily to see if it's the Joomla template causing the problem. If this is a live site please make a clone of it to run any necessary tests. If I am to review your site I would be toggling a lot of things off and on. I'm not seeing any issues locally or with our demo site below on any browser.

demo.cbdemosites.com/profiles/susan

What browser are you using? Please ensure it's up to date as well. If issue persists after template check please PM backend super administrator login credentials. If is a live site either provide a clone or make a backup before sending credentials.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• kelleypb
  • kelleypb
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #293803 by kelleypb
I'm using Firefox 53.0 but I also got the same result using Chrome 58.0.3029.96.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by kelleypb.

• kelleypb
  • kelleypb
7 years 5 months ago #293809 by kelleypb
I'd love to get to the bottom of what is causing this, but I can't risk breaking the site. (For one thing, I have already been paid in full!) Since I'm not using those features, it's not a big deal. I will experiment with the same template and report back.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #293812 by krileon
Clone the site then you can run whatever debugging is necessary on the clone or you can provide login credentials for the clone and will take a look. Aside from that I don't know what to advise if this is a live site as when I review a site I am doing so in attempt to track down a bug, which means I will toggle a lot of things off and on to find a conflict or to reveal the underlying error.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon