Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Articles and Blogs Tabs not activated ins fresh install

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #293731 by krileon
Then you've a fatal JS error present on your page. Press F12 to open your browsers developer console. Click the console tab. Refresh the page. You should see the fatal JS error (will be in red) there. Switch to default Joomla protostar template to see if that solves your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kelleypb
  • kelleypb
7 years 5 months ago #293736 by kelleypb
Thanks, but all I see are three warnings:

Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated. Use defaultPrevented instead. kwift.FFWEBEXT.min.js:1:58480

This site appears to use a scroll-linked positioning effect. This may not work well with asynchronous panning; see developer.mozilla.org/docs/Mozilla/Performance/ScrollLinkedEffects for further details and to join the discussion on related tools and features! cb-profile.html

Empty string passed to getElementById(). jquery.min.js:2:24473

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #293741 by krileon
Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then repeat those debug steps as it'll help expose the callstack for the error (where more exactly it's coming from). Please also be sure to try default Joomla protostar template to see if that resolves your issue as it could be an issue caused by your template.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• kelleypb
  • kelleypb
7 years 5 months ago #293792 by kelleypb
With error reporting on maximum and debugging on, I still only see 1 (gold) warning when the articles tab is published. The message is:
Code:
Empty string passed to getElementById().

and there are 3 repeats. There are no messages in red.

Surely this has occurred before. Are there any threads in this forum dealing with this issue and offering a possible solution?

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #293795 by krileon
The error should include a file path and line number as well. Usually to the far right of the window. Please provide what file and what line number this is happening in. Again, have you tried protostar template?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

• kelleypb
  • kelleypb
7 years 5 months ago #293796 by kelleypb
With both articles and blogs tabs published I get the message:
Code:
This site appears to use a scroll-linked positioning effect. This may not work well with asynchronous panning; see https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Mozilla/Performance/ScrollLinkedEffects for further details and to join the discussion on related tools and features!

and the file referenced is cb-profile.html

Moderators: beatnantkrileon