Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Upgrade from 1.9.1 fails

• tsandberg
  • tsandberg
7 years 2 months ago #296244 by tsandberg
Replied by tsandberg on topic Upgrade from 1.9.1 fails
Well, I did not change anything, the same form I have used for 5 years adding close to 2000 members/clients. Never had this issue until this upgrade today.

It's is kind of urgent since I deal with pet owners that have dogs with cancer and several have registered and I can't find their registration anywhere.

Is there anywhere I can give you the log in information so you can take a quick look?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tsandberg
  • tsandberg
7 years 2 months ago #296246 by tsandberg
I did what you said and tested the form and I got this:

No idea what to do with that, not a programmer.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

• tsandberg
  • tsandberg
7 years 2 months ago #296247 by tsandberg
FYI, So that form actually got through and it shows in CB user management. I got the thank you for the register, but I did not get a new user notification.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 2 months ago #296248 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Upgrade from 1.9.1 fails
Looks like your Joomla template needs an update. Aside from that there's nothing there that'd block registrations. Edit your Joomla menu items for CB and ensure their menutypes are also correct. We try to migrate the menu items on install, but doesn't always take depending on the format of the menu item URL. Without correcting these you can get some odd routing issues, which might just be the issue some of your users are having. Regarding the notification ensure your user is set to receive moderator notifications and that moderator notifications are enabled within CB > Configuration > Moderation.

Please do not tell me you migrated a live site without first doing a test migration on a clone install. Folks, never do that. Always clone the site and test on the clone. Migrations can easily fail depending on what is installed causing a catastrophic failure on the site or data corruption.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• tsandberg
  • tsandberg
7 years 2 months ago #296249 by tsandberg
Hi

Yes, I did this on a live site since I thought it was an upgrade. It said on the top of my CB C-panel that CB 2.1 was is an easy upgrade..... nothing about migration. But I agree I still should have done what you suggested. I did back the site up though.

The users are getting notifications, I am not.

• tsandberg
  • tsandberg
7 years 2 months ago #296250 by tsandberg
I think I'm good.

Just two things,

Where can I edit the email responses generated by the system?

Where can I edit the image above the signup form?

Thank you for awesome support!!!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon