Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Access Level to fields

• tilatam
  • tilatam
7 years 1 day ago - 6 years 11 months ago #298460 by tilatam
[SOLVED] Access Level to fields was created by tilatam
Hello

Is it possible to add access level to a field? i dont see such option, turns out on the website i am using it i have 2 mayor groups one that will start to use all of CBs features the other will not, just a standard user/access do see registered content. Now my specific problem is that when a "regular" user tries to edit its profile (just for password changing) all the features are shown (avatar, canvas, etc) i just need the password field there. But i cant find a way to put it. If i could set access level to each field i could be able to achieve this.

Regards
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by krileon. Reason: Added [SOLVED] tag to subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 7 hours ago #298467 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Access Level to fields
You can do that using CB Conditional or CB Privacy. For CB Privacy edit your field and under Integrations > CB Privacy set "Display" to "Forced privacy control" and adjusting the "Default" param under the Display tab. Next for profile edit set "Edit Display" to "Custom view access level" or "Custom usergroup". For CB Conditional edit your field and under Integrations > CB Conditional set "Display" to "Field conditional self" then "Field" to "View Access Level" or "Usergroups".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• tilatam
  • tilatam
6 years 11 months ago #298580 by tilatam
Replied by tilatam on topic Access Level to fields
Hello tried with CB conditional it did not work, if i set a user to change its password (on backend) they see the screenshot 1.jpg no password field after they login. 2.jpg is the configuration of the password field on CB fields.

Probably missing something, please advice. Regards
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #298583 by krileon
You have configured the condition to only display the field if they've the selected view access levels. If they don't meet the criteria of the view access levels selected they can't access the field. This is based off the profile owner and not the person viewing the profile. I also do not recommend conditioning core fields like username, name, password, and email.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• tilatam
  • tilatam
6 years 11 months ago #298585 by tilatam
Replied by tilatam on topic Access Level to fields
My problem is that i dont want to condition it, i want it to be shown there, this was working fine before the installation of CB but now i get this blank page, i just need it to show like it did before.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #298604 by krileon

My problem is that i dont want to condition it, i want it to be shown there, this was working fine before the installation of CB but now i get this blank page, i just need it to show like it did before.

Sorry, I don't understand your issue. Your blank page is not being caused by CB Conditional? What are you trying to fix in this topic. You originally asked how to have view access level usage on a per field basis. Now you've an issue with a blank page? Please pick 1 issue and describe in detail what you want to accomplish or what is wrong.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon