Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Access Level to fields

• tilatam
  • tilatam
6 years 11 months ago #298618 by tilatam
Replied by tilatam on topic Access Level to fields
Well the first question was related somehow to my issue, i thought that the password field was just not shown because of an ACL config but it seems that its not the case, the problem is the one i mentioned later, my first question was my attempt to fix it but since i cant i am presenting my issue so you can help me figure out why when i set a user to reset its password, i get that blank page.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #298627 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Access Level to fields
Where do you get the blank page and when? Right after setting "Reset Password" to "Yes"? After saving the profile and when it redisplays? On frontend profile edit after setting "Reset Password" to "Yes" and saving in backend?

I've retested setting "Reset Password" to "Yes" and viewing profile edit in backend and frontend with both working fine. The only reason for a tab to be empty is either due to conditions from CB Conditional, CSS conflict, or there's a fatal JS error present that is breaking the tab jQuery.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• tilatam
  • tilatam
6 years 11 months ago #298629 by tilatam
Hello its right after in backend i set a user to reset its password to yes (in joomla user manager), then if i login i get that blank page i mentioned before.
This happened even before i installed CB conditional. Regards.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #298631 by krileon
Do not use Joomla user manager. You need to be using CB > User Management. Ensure the login module you're using is a CB Login module and ensure CBs system plugin within Extensions > Plugins is public, published, and ordered as the first system plugin (this helps avoid load order conflicts).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• tilatam
  • tilatam
6 years 11 months ago #298637 by tilatam
Hello

Ok not going to use Joomla user manager anymore, I am using CB login module, plugin is in first place and still the problem persists, i cant even change the password of the user on CBs user manager, i can however recover password with CBs system (link in module) but its randomly generated, i have set the link to edit profile on CBs login module, but still password is not there. Other features like avatar and canvas are available, i can show or hide them in the corresponding tab (since they have an access level to edit) but its not the case for the password field.

Please advice. Regards.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #298658 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials as well as credentials for a test account where this issue can be seen and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon