Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Show Field Description

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #299195 by Spiralmind
Show Field Description was created by Spiralmind
Hello, is there a way to show the field description somewhere? It's currently only if you hover over it. I have a special need for displaying this in full view all the time.

I would need this shown on the profile and edit areas.

Thank you
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Spiralmind.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #299206 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Show Field Description
You can override the icon display by editing your field within CB > Field Management then adjusting "Icons Display" under Parameters > Layout. For full description display set "Icons Display" to "Only Required Icon and Info Text" for example. Any that say "Info Text" will display the description as text instead of as an icon. You can also use the "Profile Edit Value Layout" to customize how the input outputs. Example as follows.

Profile Edit Value Layout:
Code:
[value] <div>Field description here!</div>

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago #299212 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Show Field Description
Hello, that works very well. So many options in this.

Is there a way to align the checkbox to the left of the Title? I have it as 2 column so it's full width. I don't need it to be 2 column with title but that is the only way I could figure out how to display it full width. But the checkbox is is on it's own line.

Thank you

Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #299217 by krileon

Is there a way to align the checkbox to the left of the Title? I have it as 2 column so it's full width. I don't need it to be 2 column with title but that is the only way I could figure out how to display it full width. But the checkbox is is on it's own line.

Sounds like you want a label with the checkbox. I suggest just using a multicheckbox with 1 option. You can then have a label with it. Example as follows for the single option to mimic a single checkbox field.

Option
Value: 1
Label: LABEL_HERE

You could also use a terms and conditions fieldtype as that looks like what you're using it for.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 11 months ago #299219 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Show Field Description
Hello, still producing the same result for me. The checkbox is on it's own line in the 2 line option for checkbox, multicheckbox or terms and conditions.

If I go with 1 line and title there are 2 columns and it's not lined up well.

There must be another setting I need to change?

Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 11 months ago #299220 by krileon
You likely have a CSS issue in that case causing the checkbox to be a block element instead of inline-block as it's styled in CB. Right click and inspect element to review the CSS in your browsers developer console. Switch to default Joomla protostar template to see if it's specifically your Joomla template doing it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon