Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Multiple Auto Actions in Sequence

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #300253 by Spiralmind
Multiple Auto Actions in Sequence was created by Spiralmind
Hello, with all the amazing things this system can do is it possible to have a sequence of auto actions on a single event?

Right now I have a single checkbox that when checked and onafteruserupdate sends us an email.

Is it possible to add more things after this on the same event?

I would like to send the email when they press update profile then uncheck the box and take them to a specific URL?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #300284 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Multiple Auto Actions in Sequence
Auto actions execute 1 after another. So yes you can have 3 auto actions assigned to the same trigger and they'll execute 1 after another. If 1 of them modifies the user object though the subsequent auto action needs to have Reload User enabled under its Parameters tab to ensure it sees those changes. If however you have a redirect action between 2 other actions the last action won't execute since you interrupted the process so be sure to keep that in mind when doing this. Examples as follows.

Action 1
Action 2 - Redirect
Action 3

With the above Action 3 will never execute. You should instead order them as follows.

Action 1
Action 3
Action 2 - Redirect

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spiralmind

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #300298 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Multiple Auto Actions in Sequence
So these are all separate Auto Actions like this?

Unfortunately I will need help.

I am copying the one I have and modifying them.

First one is already working.

Second one is to uncheck that field.

Third one seem simple but do I leave this for all three fields?

Attachments:

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #300300 by Spiralmind
So my test shows 1 & 3 work but not the unchecking of the box. I must be missing something in that Auto Action.

Thank you

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #300301 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Multiple Auto Actions in Sequence
To set a checkbox checked you set its value to 1. So to set it unchecked you must set its value to 0. You can adjust the order of your auto actions as needed (see your screenshot where you can see the ordering arrows and inputs). If you redirect before trying to set the field as unchecked it will not become unchecked because you just interrupted the operation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #300302 by Spiralmind
I think I have the order set right. The box is still checked when I go back and check though.

Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon