Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Multiple Auto Actions in Sequence

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #300303 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Multiple Auto Actions in Sequence
What's the issue then? Based off your screenshot it should send an email, change the field to unchecked, then redirect. You have an auto action just above the email action that redirects back to profile edit, is it using the same trigger?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #300304 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Multiple Auto Actions in Sequence
No, that is the profile save and continue.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #300305 by Spiralmind
Checkbox is still checked. Do you need screenshots of all tabs for that action?

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #300307 by krileon
The below works perfectly fine in my tests. I'm not sure what more to suggest, sorry.

Global
Triggers: onAfterUserUpdate
Type: Field
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Action
Field: cb_checkbox
Operator: Set
Value: 0
Translate Value: No
Save Directly: Yes

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #300309 by Spiralmind
Sorry, the settings were different, you did not say to set it to Operator = Set

Now I am stuck because the other redirect sends them to the new page not and does not work anymore.

Is there some way to create a new button that can trigger the 3 things and not be the "Update" profile button? This would make things much simpler. I need a new option to trigger these unless there is a way to prevent them from overriding each other.

I appreciate any input on this. I am almost finished. This is one of the last steps.

Thank you

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #300310 by krileon

Now I am stuck because the other redirect sends them to the new page not and does not work anymore.

Is the redirect action dependent on that checkbox field that you just unchecked? You can try having your redirection action act on the raw post value using [post_FIELD_NAME].

Is there some way to create a new button that can trigger the 3 things and not be the "Update" profile button?

No, you don't need it anyway. As I've explained the auto actions execute sequentially exactly how you have them ordered.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon