Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Multiple Auto Actions in Sequence

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #300326 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Multiple Auto Actions in Sequence
Reverts what? The below is all you need to handle both redirects.

Action 1
Global
Triggers: onAfterUserProfileSaved
Type: Redirect
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var2] Equal To 1
2: [cb_finalagreement] Equal To 0
Action
URL: URL_HERE

Action 2
Global
Triggers: onAfterUserProfileSaved
Type: Redirect
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var2] Equal To 1
Action
URL: URL_HERE

The order is important as you want the conditioned one to take priority over the generic one. Remove the redirect you have on onAfterUserUpdate trigger so there's only your email action and the action making the field unchecked.

Can you help me today? It would save a lot of time if you could look at it?

No, I'm sorry but we do not provide configuration assistance. We can only provide you with simple examples. Please understand we're a small team of 3. I do not have the time to help everyone configure their installs.

You are certain a new function for triggering the email, unchecking the box and redirecting would not be easier.

You can do whatever you want using a Code action and PHP, but no I'm not making an action type specifically to do that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #300327 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Multiple Auto Actions in Sequence
What about the Parameters tab? You said something about Reload user? Are the default settings on this tab OK for both. Reload user is not on by default.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #300328 by krileon

What about the Parameters tab? You said something about Reload user? Are the default settings on this tab OK for both. Reload user is not on by default.

It's only needed on your redirect action that's checking the checkbox field value since both of those triggers happen in the same PHP operation and the user object in the Field action was not modified by reference. Please read parameter descriptions carefully as they tell you exactly what they do. In the case of reload user it's just reloading the user object to pick up any changes made to the user before that action executes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #300330 by Spiralmind
It's not working, the redirect for the profile edit stops working when the checkbox is hidden/unchecked. My redirect keeps taking me to the page I set for the other redirect and not reloading the profile edit.

I understand you're a small team. You'd save more time just doing this one time. I'll keep trying if that's somehow better.

Do I need to do something with the checkbox field action?

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #300331 by krileon

the redirect for the profile edit stops working when the checkbox is hidden/unchecked.

Because that's exactly what you configured it to do. You have it configured to redirect if that field is unchecked. If the field is hidden its value is reset and thus becomes 0 (unchecked). As it's doing exactly as you've configured it to do and working correctly I've no idea what you're wanting/expecting it to do.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #300332 by Spiralmind
You know what I want to do. Not sure why you are torturing me with this. I clearly do not understand how to make this work. I also fully understand you are probably sick of helping me but I need help and only hope you can just tell me what needs to be done and not waste anymore of your time.

Can you just tell me what I need to add/change to make this work?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon