Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Multiple Auto Actions in Sequence

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #300311 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Multiple Auto Actions in Sequence
I am not following you, sorry this is way out of my scope of knowledge.

The original redirect is just onAfterUserProfileSaved

[var2] Equal To 1 format

The new redirect is onAfterUserUpdate

[cb_finalagreement] Equal To 0

So once that checkbox is empty this one is taking over.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #300312 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Multiple Auto Actions in Sequence
It's not working because your redirect action has no idea the user object has changed. You need to enable Reload User under the Parameters tab of your redirect action so it reloads the user object and sees the field value change. You however should not be redirecting on onAfterUserUpdate as it's an internal trigger and can happen anywhere that profile changes were made with trigger execution. Instead just add another redirect action to onAfterUserProfileSaved and check for your checkbox field there (be sure this new redirect action is ordered before your other one that does not check the checkbox value).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #300313 by Spiralmind
OK I am kind of following you but am not clear on which one to change. I have them both set to onAfterUserProfileSaved now, right?

Which one do I set to reload user? Both or just the update profile redirect?

I changed the order to my save and continue to be the first under ordering and reload user.

Now the other one does not work based off the checkbox, it unchecks the checkbox but does not take them to the page.

This is so confusing!

Can you help me fix this today? I was planning on letting people in this weekend.

Can I give you the login?

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #300317 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Multiple Auto Actions in Sequence
Both of your redirect actions should be on the onAfterUserProfileSaved trigger. The redirect action checking your checkbox field should be ordered before your one that redirects back to profile edit. Do not redirect on onAfterUserUpdate.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #300322 by Spiralmind
Each time I try it reverts to the other one.

Can you help me today? It would save a lot of time if you could look at it?

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #300325 by Spiralmind
You are certain a new function for triggering the email, unchecking the box and redirecting would not be easier.

I PMed you if you can help me!?

Thank you

Moderators: beatnantkrileon