Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Multiple Tabs Profile Edit but Single Tab in Profile View

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
3 years 9 months ago #322320 by Spiralmind
Sorry, I am just asking if must set all fields in the tab to not show on the profile to hide the tab? I did not see a tab setting for this.

I am under the assumption tabs only show if there is at least one enabled field in it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 9 months ago #322323 by krileon
If you set the fields to not display on profile they won't display on profile even in substitutions. You need to move the tab to a not shown on profile tab position by editing the tab in CB > Tab Management. This will allow you to substitute the tab and/or its fields in without them displaying normally.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #322328 by Spiralmind
I guess I was looking at something else. My mistake.

So if I want the three tabs that they can see when editing which is in position Canvas Main Middle to not show on the profile view but have this single combined HTML substitution tab on the profile view but not the edit, I don't see how this works with your instructions.

Only fields have the option to display on the profile or profile edit. This is where I am confused.
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Spiralmind.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 9 months ago #322330 by krileon
Edit the tab in CB > Tab Management and change the Position parameter to "Not displayed on profile 1". The tab will not be visible on profile, but you'll be able to substitute the tab and its fields in perfectly fine. When substituting the tab into a Custom HTML field be sure that field is set to not display on profile edit or registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
3 years 9 months ago #322332 by Spiralmind
Where will they be able to view it then, if not in the profile? Sorry, I am a little slow on this today.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 9 months ago #322333 by krileon
You were asking about substituting the tab into a Custom HTML field, but it was displaying twice. The above is how you substitute it and prevent it from displaying twice. Sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to do at this point.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon