Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Multiple Tabs Profile Edit but Single Tab in Profile View

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
3 years 9 months ago #322287 by Spiralmind
Hello, looking over the instructions I see a way to show an entire tab at once? Is this possible to use a Custom HTML field and just put the three tabs in there so they all just show up stacked on each other? Then I do not have to worry about any changes I make to the three tab's fields, etc.

I got a server error with [cb:usertab tab="TAB_ID" user="REPLACEMENT" /] so I assumed the replacement was breaking it.

This did not give me a server error but things were strange [cb:usertab tab="23" /] most of the fields were missing.

Hopefully, the tab solution will work.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 9 months ago #322302 by krileon

This did not give me a server error but things were strange [cb:usertab tab="23" /] most of the fields were missing.

That renders the tab without formatting. Use the below if you want it formatted.

[cb:usertab tab="23" formatting="divs" /]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #322310 by Spiralmind
Hello, this did indeed help but now it's showing the tab twice in a row? I only have it in the field one time.

[cb:userdata field="username" user="#me" /]

[cb:usertab tab="23" formatting="divs" /]

The tab with this field shows both of these twice one on top of the other.
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Spiralmind.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 9 months ago #322314 by krileon
You need to move the original tab (the one with an id of 23) to a not shown on profile tab position before you try using it as a substitution in profile view or it's going to display twice.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
3 years 9 months ago #322317 by Spiralmind
That makes sense. So all the fields need to be set one by one or can I batch this out? It is set in the fields not the tab, correct?

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 9 months ago #322318 by krileon
I've no idea what you're asking. If you're rendering an entire tab using substitutions on profile view then move the tab to a not shown on profile tab position so it doesn't display twice (once were it normally would and again with the substitution).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon