Skip to Content Skip to Menu

specific groups in profile view, depending on the group- or user-ID

• uwe2023
  • uwe2023
1 year 2 months ago #334772 by uwe2023
Hi, when I will click in a CB profile on "Groups" the system will show all groups I am following.

I want to create an additional "My Group (or Company)" entry in the profile menu. By clicking on this entry only my own created group (company landingpage) should be shown. Can I manage this with substitutions?

Best regards Uwe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #334773 by krileon

Hi, when I will click in a CB profile on "Groups" the system will show all groups I am following.

The groups tab shows all groups you are a member of, not following.

I want to create an additional "My Group (or Company)" entry in the profile menu. By clicking on this entry only my own created group (company landingpage) should be shown. Can I manage this with substitutions?

Create a Joomla menu item of type Community Builder > Plugin then for Plugin select CB GroupJive then set Action to Owned Groups. There's several other actions available as well (e.g. can display just groups you explicitly joined).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by krileon.

• uwe2023
  • uwe2023
1 year 2 months ago #334774 by uwe2023
Mille gracie Kyle :-)

• uwe2023
  • uwe2023
1 year 2 months ago #334775 by uwe2023
That´s great. But how can I integrate the menu item to a position in the e.g. "tabmenu"?

Best regards Uwe

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #334778 by krileon
Are you wanting to add a custom link to the menu bar above their profile? Sorry, not fully understanding what you're asking.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by krileon.

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 2 months ago #334780 by krileon
I think one solution might be to create a new tab in CB > Tab Management. Next create a CB GroupJive Module with the display mode of your choosing. Now use a Custom HTML field with content plugins enabled and use Joomla's loadmodule shortcode to insert the module. There isn't a way to have a tab render a component endpoint so you won't be able to render the menu item inline within the profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon