Skip to Content Skip to Menu

specific groups in profile view, depending on the group- or user-ID

• uwe2023
  • uwe2023
1 year 2 months ago #334783 by uwe2023
Hi Kyle,
thank you, that works perfect. That´s exactly what I wanted!

Best regards
Uwe
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• uwe2023
  • uwe2023
1 year 2 months ago #334826 by uwe2023
Hi Kyle,

as I mentioned this works great. But :-): I integrated the field "cb_meinefirmenseite" in a tab. When a unser "X" logs in and visits the page of the user "Y" he will not see "Meine Firmenseite" from user "Y", he will see his own "Meine Firmenseite ("X").
I Know, it´s because the module is in the mode "own pages", so the logged in user sees his page. Can I handle this somehow with substituions or conditional, so that visitor "X" will see the "Meine Firmenseite" of the visited user "Y"? I tried it with substitutions, but it didn´t work (e.g. [cb:user="#displayed" /])

Best regards Uwe

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 2 months ago #334828 by krileon
The module always renders for the viewing user. There isn't really a workaround for this. Is there a reason you need to separate owned groups from joined groups?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• uwe2023
  • uwe2023
1 year 2 months ago #334830 by uwe2023
Hi Kyle,

yes. On this page we have customers, craftsmen who are contracted by the customers and manufacturers from whom the craftsmen should buy. Craftmen and manufacturers should be able to create their own "company (group)-site". This company-site should be visible on their profile representativlly. On the other side they also should be able to connect to other companies and show this on their profil. So "own group" and "joined group" should be separeted on the profile view.

Best regards

Uwe

• krileon
  • krileon
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #334831 by krileon
It wasn't really designed for that use case. It's designed for community groups like on other social media. Will review adding a parameter to the module for it to optionally use the displayed user, if there is one, or the viewing user. That's the only quick solution I can accomplish at this time as am currently actively focusing on CB Activity 6.0.0 since it's nearing completion.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9235

I should be able to get that implemented relatively quickly tomorrow.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by krileon.

• uwe2023
  • uwe2023
1 year 2 months ago #334832 by uwe2023
Wow Kyle, thank you, again! I was used to work with Easysocial, but step by step I understand what a mighty tool Community Builder ist an what possibilities I have.

That als depends on the great support of you an the Community Builder Team!
Best regards Uwe

Moderators: beatnantkrileon