Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Uploading error for uddeim 2.0

• slabbi
  • slabbi
14 years 9 months ago #121285 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Uploading error for uddeim 2.0
helo wrote:

I am getting the exact same thing.
When I upload and try to install directly from tmp directory, it tells me to "Please enter a Package directory"

Please there is no issue with the package. Check your system, e.g.
- folder rights,
- upload limitations (sometimes proxies have 2MB limits or your php.ini or http.conf has a 2MB upload limit).

You can do a local installation in that case. Read the Joomla docs when you do not know how to do so.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #121626 by mariealline
Replied by mariealline on topic Re:Uploading error for uddeim 2.0
helo wrote:

I am getting the exact same thing.
When I upload and try to install directly from tmp directory, it tells me to "Please enter a Package directory"

I was having the exact same error so I installed it by uploading the files per ftp over the old files. Now if I have mail in my inbox, I cannot get to my profile page. I get this error. "Fatal error: Call to undefined function uddeIM_utf8_substr() in /home/marieall/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_pmsuddeiminbox/pms.showinbox.php on line 191"

Any help with this would be much appreciated!

Many thanks!

• slabbi
  • slabbi
14 years 9 months ago #121632 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Uploading error for uddeim 2.0
You have forgotten to update the CB inbox plugin. Nevertheless this plugin is a demonstration plugin that has not been written for productive sites. Please check the package text.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

14 years 9 months ago #122110 by mariealline
Replied by mariealline on topic Re:Uploading error for uddeim 2.0
Hmmmmm....I think there was some corruption in my files after installation. I reuploaded a few things and got rid of the error.

Thanks Stephan!

• bascovon
  • bascovon
14 years 9 months ago #122368 by bascovon
Replied by bascovon on topic Re:Uploading error for uddeim 2.0
Hi, Newbie here.

I think I have the same issue which I thought the file was corrupted. I tried several times with similar results.

All ended up with the same error message.

Please help. Thanks in advance

• jconnor
  • jconnor
14 years 9 months ago #122385 by jconnor
Replied by jconnor on topic Re:Uploading error for uddeim 2.0
[Resolved]

I was experiencing the same issue when trying to install com_uddeim.zip. Pick a method: 1.) Browse/upload file and install (there was an error uploading this file to the server) ok fair enough, maybe there is a transfer issue with my host provider so... 2.) Let's manually upload to /tmp and install from directory [NoPe] ("please enter a package directory").

All the mods installed no problem but the core component just wouldn't install. With no help from the forum and very little insight anywhere else, I was left to continue exhausting every effort and then FINALLY, success!

Here's the solution that worked for me, perhaps it will help someone else struggling for a helpful suggestion. I posted the com_uddeim.zip file on a different server and used "Install from URL". I entered a the fully qualified link to the file and BAM! Plugin installed. I realize not everyone might have access to various servers or hosting account to do this and slabihoud.de doesn't off individual zips for remote installs but this method worked. I think the interesting question is why?

Well, much luck to everyone else with the same problem. B)

Post edited by: jconnor, at: 2010/01/21 20:41
The following user(s) said Thank You: denNISI, markcowtan

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon