Skip to Content Skip to Menu

A few problems with uddeIM 2.1

• StepOne
  • StepOne
13 years 4 weeks ago - 13 years 4 weeks ago #177495 by StepOne
Replied by StepOne on topic Re: A few problems with uddeIM 2.1
I am receiving this same error with the exact same files as i am currently trying to install the same thing. After googling for i dont know how long anymore, and resisting the urge to post on here asking for help because i see how frusterated you get with people asking these questions. However reading the FAQ does not fix my issue. The files listed below are legitimate install files with what seems to be a proper xml file located inside.

cb_plug_pms_uddeim.zip
cb_plug_pms_uddeim_blocking.zip
cb_plug_pms_uddeim_inbox.zip
cb_plug_pms_uddeim_profilelink.zip

All of the other files uploaded and installed fine , but these 4 listed above gave me the same reported xml error. I am using joomla version 1.7 , please do not tell me to look at the faq because i have read that short bit of answer multiple times making sure that this is an error before i come post here. Any help is greatly appreciated in fixing this issue as i have been googling for hours, ive read atleast a half dozen posts on this site of ppl having the same issue but no fixes. Again, any help is greatly appreciate and thank you a ton in advance :)
Last edit: 13 years 4 weeks ago by StepOne.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 4 weeks ago #177515 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re: A few problems with uddeIM 2.1
FAQ Chapters
1.1.2 What is inside the uddeIM_x.x_unzip1st.zip archive?
1.2.1 “Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package.”
1.2.4 Plugins cb_plug_pms_xxx cannot be installed

and also

README packages.txt

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• StepOne
  • StepOne
13 years 4 weeks ago - 13 years 4 weeks ago #177521 by StepOne
As i have explain above, i have searched this issue up a ton in the faq, ive read the read me more then once. None of it solves my issue of there actually being an xml file in the zip files i am trying to upload & Install, but joomla not recognizing that there is an xml file in there. I would not post here and bother you guys about something that you constantly get bothered about, unless I have done all the research I can do and still cant seem to fix the issue, which is the case.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 4 weeks ago #177524 by slabbi
Read the chapters in the FAQ document that you will find in the README folder in each uddeIM package.

Despite of the fact that I have answered this question several times in this forum (yes, it has a search function!) I will copy and paste chapter 1.2.4 especially for you:

1.2.4 Plugins cb_plug_pms_xxx cannot be installed

When I try to install the cb_plugins plug_pms_uddeim, cb_plug_pms_uddeim_inbox, cb_plug_pms_profilelink and cb_plug_pms_uddeim_blocking I always get following error message:
Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package.

These plugins are made for the Community Builder. You have to install the plugins with the Community Builder Plugin Manager.

"ive read the read me more then once.", so really?

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• StepOne
  • StepOne
13 years 4 weeks ago - 13 years 4 weeks ago #177525 by StepOne
Alright well thank you very much, i do appreciate the help. Something that could be done to prevent people from asking this question so often is to let people know that the solution is in the FAQ.pdf file. Alot of the time, pdf files are over looked when looking for a read me to install any scripts and i bet alot of the people asking this question have done the same thing as me, and over looked the pdf file. Thank you again, the help is greatly appreciated as i knew it must have been something simple that i was missing.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
13 years 4 weeks ago #177527 by slabbi
That's why you find a sticky like "Please read the FAQ (inside) before posting!" in most forums.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon