Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Some CBSubs usage questions

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 4 months ago #266095 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Some CBSubs usage questions

I am still having issues where a user receives TWO emails after the moderator approves them. It's strange. I know you said it's not supposed to happen so I did another test and it didn't happen but this latest one- it sent two. I must be doing something wrong. Like I said earlier- the only difference between the two emails is the URL at the bottom- one is HTTP and the other one is HTTPS.

I don't know why it's sending 2. There's no reason for it in the code unless you've setup your site to do this somehow. I'm not able to duplicate in my tests. Try approving them from frontend only instead of backend and see if the issue persists as maybe it's backend approval that's doing it.

Also, when I reject someone- they get an email stating the "following reasons" but there is nothing there. Where do I put the reasons why they were rejected?

If you reject them from frontend you can specify a reason. You're not able to specify a reason from backend as it's just a toggle checkmark or dropdown depending on how you reject them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cagoffice
  • cagoffice
9 years 4 months ago #266100 by cagoffice
Replied by cagoffice on topic Some CBSubs usage questions
I have never done anything from front end- we always use back end. How do I do this from front end?

Also, I downloaded Auto Actions and entered the data you gave me but I get an error message when I test it (sending an email to someone in the user list). See attached.
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 4 months ago #266101 by krileon

I have never done anything from front end- we always use back end. How do I do this from front end?

Using the CB Workflows module (this is installed with CB). Create a CB Workflows module within Extensions > Module Manager and it'll show you counters for image approval, registration approval, etc.. You can also create a Joomla menu link directly to the user approval page if you want.

Also, I downloaded Auto Actions and entered the data you gave me but I get an error message when I test it (sending an email to someone in the user list). See attached.

Please provide a screenshot of your auto actions configuration. Doesn't sound like something was configured correctly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• cagoffice
  • cagoffice
9 years 4 months ago #266103 by cagoffice
Thank you for showing me the workflows module. This is perfect. When I have a user waiting in there for approval, it links to their profile but that link doesn't work (I get the same message that I posted earlier). So as per your request, attached are the screen shots of my Auto Action fail.
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 4 months ago #266107 by krileon
Install latest CB 2.x nightly. Looks like you're using CB Auto Actions 6.3.0, which requires the nightly.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/doc_details/640-community-builder-nightly-build

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

• cagoffice
  • cagoffice
9 years 4 months ago #266109 by cagoffice
Ok I will test it out, thanks!

Remember when you showed me where to find info on CB Language plugins- the Primer guide? Well I may have misread it and I ended up revising the actual default language file and I missed the small print where it says not to do that as any updates will override my custom changes. I can't seem to find info on how to create/install custom ones (that won't get changed with updates).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon