Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#5591] CBsubs problem with ended or inactive subscription

• activha
  • activha
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #272680 by activha
Hello
We have some problems with CBsubs 4.0.1 regarding expiration of subscriptions.
It seems that users are not redirected to a page allowing to renew their expired subscriptions or subscribe to another one but are only blocked from log in and deactivated in the backend.
Is there a new setting somewhere in 4.0.1 that we missed ?
All our users with expired subscriptions are simply not allowed to do anything and cannot even pay something. This is a huge problem that we didnt see for a couple of months blocking at least 20 paying customers from renewing.
Can you help ?
thanks

Settings did not change from latest CBsubs as attached
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 11 months ago #272685 by krileon
On login it should immediately ask them to renew or upgrade, but you need to ensure your plans are configured to allow renewals and that they're still accessible to them when the plans permissions have reversed due to expiration. For upgrades ensure your plans are configured to allow upgrades and also are accessible. Also ensure the CBSubs plugin within Extensions > Plugins is public, published, and ordered as the first system plugin.

On login what behavior are you seeing? Immediately blocked with error and nothing else?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• activha
  • activha
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #272689 by activha
Do you mean cbpaidsubbot for system plugin ? it is in first plugins just after admin tools
Plan is configured to allow show at registration and upgrades. Is there a new special setting for renewals ?
Data row is attached if you want to have a look

On login, user is immediately blocked with error and nothing else
I also tried to unpublish autoaction plugin and got the same behavior
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by activha.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 11 months ago #272693 by krileon

Plan is configured to allow show at registration and upgrades. Is there a new special setting for renewals ?

There's just "Renewable in advance by", which can be set to "Non-renewable", but that shouldn't have changed just by upgrading. This setting isn't new either though.

On login, user is immediately blocked with error and nothing else

What URL are they on when this happens? Please be sure SEF is disable during this test as the raw URL will give an idea where it's redirecting to on failed login.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• activha
  • activha
8 years 11 months ago #272694 by activha
Standard login page or profile page :
for instance trying to log on index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=login&Itemid=984&lang=fr sends them to home page index.php?lang=fr with SEF disabled.
With sef enabled, they stay on same log in page with error message.

• activha
  • activha
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #272695 by activha
I tried to unpublish CBsubs plugin for a test. User is then authorized to log in but access to its profile deconnects it and then it is deactivated in the backend.

Any relation to CB instead of CBsubs ?

Seems related to the CBsubs setting Allow users with no subscription records to login. If I set this to Yes, my user can log in and upgrade, renew or pay its subscription.
if I set this to No as before, then the user is unable to log in and to pay or renew its subscription.

What would be the consequences to set this to yes while we try to find the problem ?
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by activha.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon