Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#5591] CBsubs problem with ended or inactive subscription

• nant
  • nant
8 years 11 months ago #272787 by nant
Also discussed this with Beat and he added that:

one thing that got fixed is access level and permissions checks
so maybe he doesn't have correct access level set (or expired user groups not in those ACL)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• activha
  • activha
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #272798 by activha
We have ACL component on the website and checked it. All seems ok.
The only problem affecting ACL is when giving autorisation to a group to view subscriptions from the front end. This brings orphan problems in ACL

Other than that, I cannot see where is the problem. Will test with latest build also

For now, when a subscription is expired the user is deactivated automatically with no possibility to do anything and a simple message your subscription has expired.
I tried with several ACL groups and always got the same behavior.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by activha.

• activha
  • activha
8 years 11 months ago #272799 by activha
Oufff I think I found the problem :-)

When installing CB 2.0 a new menu group Community Builder is created with several menus. In these menus was cb-login with index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=login

We used index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=login with a menu named connexion elsewhere in the menu structure.

These two menus seem to conflict each other and prevent display of subscription options for expired plans.

So removing index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=login and renaming index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=login to connexion menu solved the problem

I hope it won't be overwritten in a future upgrade ? thing is that CB 2 should have checked what menu already existed in the whole menu structure before creating new ones.

Will test further

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 11 months ago #272856 by krileon
That's a migration issue from CB 1.x to CB 2.x. You need to edit existing menu items and re-save them with the correct menu type. Menu type selection was broken in CB 1.x.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• activha
  • activha
8 years 11 months ago #272903 by activha
We checked all links and saved them all again.
And now problem is back again. No plan is proposed on subscription expired, leaving our users without access to the website and calling support for help !!

We need help urgently on this matter and better than trial and error please. Can you drop by and have a look ?

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 11 months ago #272912 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon