Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Messenger Status Indicator Plugin Release

• motohero
  • motohero
17 years 10 months ago #26756 by motohero
Replied by motohero on topic Re:Messenger Status Indicator Plugin Release
Kakeman - great question! This plugin, I find is really useless. As, if a person is "online"(and you are lucky if these works)- for starters you have to modify the server information - then all the plugin does, is select the coorect "ICON" image to display - if you are online, it will display the "OLINE.JPG" or the "OFFLINE.JPG" IF you get it to work correctly.

You canNOT click on the screen name and send the person an IM.

Ok as far as getting the servers to work. First you have to modify the PHP script to add the servers that you want to use. There are a bunch of servers, using a search engine, query "online status servers" - several of them show up, you can mess with them to choose which is going to work best for you. Also look at the correct location(URL) of the images that need to be displayed for status indication. This image location may also need to be modified in the script as well. Where the image is defined, domain.com/image/ might need to be domain.com/images/ - so look at that.

This plugin is the most useless - and has had more inquries from people, and the least response from author. Although, to his credit he tried in the begining.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• linksys
  • linksys
17 years 9 months ago #28426 by linksys
Replied by linksys on topic Re:Messenger Status Indicator Plugin Release
Ok, I've done some manipulating of the plugin and I've gotten it to work with basicly all IM's except for Jabber and Skype simply because I don't have these accounts, but I have altered the code so it should be easy enough for anyone to add their information to it. Just go to the server status page at imstatus.msitgroup.co.uk:81/ and the rest is self explanatory.

I have added the links to each of the icons that should open each messenger so you can send a message by clicking on the status icon.

These have worked for me without flaw. Except for the MSN http call to send a message does not work . I think this to be because of the new Windows Live system and is best to disable this part.I am running joomla 1.0.12 with the latest version of CB.

I hope this is a benefit to anyone and or help point someone in the right direction.
Just remember if you are to uninstall your old plugin make sure in your database to remove all instances from the database under the "comprofiler" table listing the cb_icq,cb_Skype,cb_MSN,cb_jabber,cb_AIM, & cb_Yahoo entries before re-installing the new plugin.
Make sure to also publish the plugin, and Publish the tab for it, make the fields not visible to public.
ENJOY!!

Post edited by: linksys, at: 2007/01/07 14:52

Post edited by: linksys, at: 2007/01/07 14:52
Attachments:

• linksys
  • linksys
17 years 9 months ago #28436 by linksys
One thing I did forget to mention, for some of you that happen to install the plugin and all you get is the account info in the place where there should be an status icon, I happened to noticed what seems to be a bug in the cb plugin install proceedure. What it is I dont know but if it is unresolved as of this post then maybe someone from the CB team can look into this.
But it would appear that when a plugin is installed and not every one of them just random ones show up in the plugin manager and the plugin name shows in red font, instead of black.
When you place your cursor over the plugin name it will tell you the plugin is not Published, when the status icon says it is.
How I had to resolve it is to uninstall the plguin and remove the database entries for that plugin and re-install it, then it would show up in the manager in black font the way its supposed to. After that the icons for the online status plugin started working correctly.

• linksys
  • linksys
17 years 9 months ago #28492 by linksys
I updated this plugin and now works well with Skype and the only two I could not get to work with this plugin was MSN and jabber. the clickable link for jabber is in the code and it opened my client but could not show status on the webpage.So I guess 4 and a half out of 6 aint bad eh? anyhow the updated link for this plugin is below. if anyone can get these others to work that would be great. I'll continue to work on this and see if I can't.:huh:

File has been updated see newest post-

Post edited by: linksys, at: 2007/01/29 22:14
Attachments:

17 years 9 months ago #28656 by universelab
Replied by universelab on topic Re:Messenger Status Indicator Plugin Release
I make cb_Skype field in CB field manager and add my Skype login name into my profile Skype field.
If my Skype worked or not worked, CB account not show Skype status. :(

• linksys
  • linksys
17 years 9 months ago #28687 by linksys
Use your phpMyadmin and go to the comprofiler table in your database. Choose the cb_Skype entry and change it to "cb_SKYPE" not cb_Skype. For some reason this needs to have the uppercase letters for the database entry.I noticed that cb_AIM, cb_MSN, cb_ICQ, & cb_SKYPE are all uppercase and, cb_Yahoo, & cb_Jabber have lower case. Just like I spelled it here. ;)
When there is a fresh install of this plugin it automaticly places the entries in the proper case, so if your adding the field make sure they are in the proper text case.

When changing the text case this needs to be done from the database itself for in the field manager in CB it wont allow you to change to uppercase, and if you change anything in the field manager within these field entries it will auto change them to lowercase which means you have to go back into the database and change them to uppercase again. This is a nuisance and I entend to fix this within the plugin and update it here.

universelab wrote:

I make cb_Skype field in CB field manager and add my Skype login name into my profile Skype field.
If my Skype worked or not worked, CB account not show Skype status. :(

Post edited by: linksys, at: 2007/01/10 01:43
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon