Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Messenger Status Indicator Plugin Release

• albertsj1
  • albertsj1
17 years 9 months ago #29114 by albertsj1
Replied by albertsj1 on topic Re:Messenger Status Indicator Plugin Release
Thank you for this plugin. I did have to add something in order for the status to work properly.

In components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_onlinestatus/onstat.php on line 29, change:

imstatus.msitgroup.co.uk:81
to
imstatus.msitgroup.co.uk:81

Don't sweat the pety things, pet the sweaty things. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #30131 by martinschm
Replied by martinschm on topic Re:Messenger Status Indicator Plugin Release
hi,

i am using devdan's version with skype. skype and yahoo work, msn shows offline and icq and aim show a ?.

I had to add http in line 27 in the onstat.php to make it to imstatus.msitgroup.co.uk:81 .

any idea why icq and aim don't work?

i am logged into both services with trillian.

cu
martin

• linksys
  • linksys
17 years 8 months ago #30174 by linksys
Replied by linksys on topic Re:Messenger Status Indicator Plugin Release
If they don't work it might be because you have to setup your web presence in ICQ and AIM first by going to the settings in both messengers (not Trillian) and set it for everyone on the web to see you , and on the websites possibly aswell.

In your profile after you login to AIM and ICQ. I know I had to make sure i was listed in the ICQ directory for it to work plus set my ICQ settings in the messenger for visible for everyone. right off hand in AIM im not sure if its one setting or both. but if the plugin doesnt work this might be the cause.

Even as of this post I have yet to get MSN to work because of their switch over to Windows live messenger instead of the MSN messenger. So unless something down the road changes with them more than likely this won't work.

Hope this helps.

here is an updated version with the http:// correction.

Attachment plugin_onstat-b25a9442a3a7b800184647c48f798b79.zip not found

Post edited by: linksys, at: 2007/01/29 22:15
Attachments:

• technoid
  • technoid
17 years 8 months ago #31144 by technoid
Replied by technoid on topic Re:Messenger Status Indicator Plugin Release
This is great. Thank you to the original developer and all the others who have since fixed the bugs. I am using Linksys' Onstat package, as that is the most updated. Initially, since I'm new here, I found the original package in the Files section and noticed it didn't work. I searched this forum and am glad I found this thread.

Everything seems to be working now, except Yahoo, Aim and Jabber, because I don't use those services. Now if we can get Windows Live Messenger to be added (or as part of the MSN one), that would makes things ever better (for me at least).

Also, is someone going to upload Linksys' Onstat version to the Files section? A new person may have the same problems as everyone else here with the Onstat package that is currently there.

~Rob

17 years 8 months ago #31531 by cooperation
Replied by cooperation on topic Re:Messenger Status Indicator Plugin Release
I have just installed this plugin, but now I need help to get out of my complete confusion :huh:

1) In the CB Profile Tab "Onlinestate" it shows just the username. What do I have to do that it shows that I am online or offline?

2) Is there any chance to show the a smal image of the different Messengers in the Joomlaboard profile beneath the very smal image for the pm and profile?

Post edited by: cooperation, at: 2007/02/19 13:14

17 years 7 months ago #32696 by rberthelette
Replied by rberthelette on topic Re:Messenger Status Indicator Plugin Release
Thanks for the info on those file changes! I had the same problem and your solution worked great!

Cheers,
Ray

Moderators: beatnantkrileon